Pipe character?Support

Last Updated:

  1. chicgeek

    chicgeek Active Member

    A strange query for my fellow HOS owners:

    I can't seem to find the pipe character using the sliding keyboard. Is there some way I could map it to a key?

    (Ideally I'd be reinstalling Swype once they sort out the resolution issue...)

  2. alpha0990

    alpha0990 Well-Known Member

    r u into the windows' command prompt? that mite explain y u want to use the pipe lol. wot part of the uk were u in? i'm in the midlands
  3. agentc13

    agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

    I couldn't find any way to do what you were asking with the stock keyboard.

    I would recommend Swiftkey X.
    chicgeek likes this.
  4. chicgeek

    chicgeek Active Member

    I haven't found a Swype apk that works on my device yet... A shame, but your solution might be my answer. Thanks mate!

    I use the pipe character as a separator for my Google Reader to Buffer to Twitter shares. It might sound ridiculous , but it's what I want and how I do things. And a regular pipe should be more accessible than some of the other characters the HTC keyboard has. Who the hell needs
  5. agentc13

    agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

    Well, in that case there's also the Swiftkey 3 Beta and from what I have tested on it so far it seems pretty good. You can get it from here: SwiftKey VIP Forum. You have to sign up to get it, but it's free.

Share This Page