Piss poor memory size!Support

Last Updated:

1. yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now, im aware that currently all android devices have an incredibly low internal memory space to install apps on (which is unacceptable, imo) with exception to the Droid Incredible, but wow! Im not sure how to get around this.

Ive had the phone for hardly over a week and ive already filled the memory up to the brim. This wouldnt be such a problem if android didnt make it so I cant receive text messages when my "Phone memory is low".

Its not even like I have alot of apps. I might have 20 apps tops that ive installed. None of which are games.

-Does anybody have any tips for me?

-Will this phone ever get froyo 2.2? (this would fix it)

-Will this phone ever get rooted???? Anyone working on that? (This too would fix it.)

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Something doesn't seem right the Ally has the exact same as the moto droid I would call tech support and see what they can do.

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

you need to clear the cache. go to applications, manage applications, let them load and then hit menu and select sort by size. click on each app and select clear cache (not data unless you want to set everthing in that app up again) on everything that reads over 1mb. Should clear up quite a bit of memory for you. Also try deleting your call history and try to keep txt threads around 200 msgs.

These things are mini computers and a bit of routine maintenance needs to be done once a week. Or if your like me twice a day :D

4. yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, mate. Worth a try. I clear the web browsers cache regularly, but other applications I have not tried yet. Thanks again for your help.

Always makes me happy when people take the time and effort to help :p