pissed at lack of SMS notification

Last Updated:

1. oombongo

oombongo Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, first of all I don't know if it is HTC's fault of Android's fault. I think it is Android's fault

Ok, yesterday my girlfriend send me SMS. As you all know that the little led flashes for a couple of minutes and then switches off. Hence, I missed that SMS. I was in a meeting

So I came from the meeting, took all my gear and left in hurry because I didn't want anyone to stop me and start talking about yada yada yada on my way back to gym. Hence, I didn't check my SMS.

She called me which I failed to see as I was in gym and then in shower. Then I went out with buddies to local bar. She tried to send me SMS again which I again failed to see.

Now at 21:00, she arrived unexpectedly at my home when I just arrived back a couple of minutes before. Long story short, I was being interrogated that why I didn't see her missed call and missed SMS? As I was aware of lack of SMS/missed call notification, I decided not to tell the truth as she probably wouldn't understand. Fortunately, I had this broken phone prank installed in my phone which I ran and showed her that my phone was broken.

I had some stone age Samsung before (BGH-100 or something) which wouldn't shut up till I would see the message. I also had Eten M700 whose led will keep blinking like a nagging wife till I would see the screen.

Tell me how can I solve this problem? how to make that tiny little led keep blinking till I see the SMS or I see the missed call? Also, how can I make phone "beep" about missed SMS after every 5 minutes? I am afraid that us men are going to face a lot of interrogations from their lovers at home.:D

Advertisement
  2. Burrid

Burrid Well-Known Member

Download Handcent sms.
    I too had similar problems, although I already had handcent and the led light kept on flashing, but with a rather long interval.

The latest version however has the option to put the led on at all time (it's the 'standard led frequence' option).
    So now there is a constant pink light (I chose pink) in the upper right corner when I have a message. I just need to watch at the direction of my phone to notice if I have a message, rather then stare and wait for the green dot to appear.

3. toadstools

toadstools Well-Known Member

..err...check your phone for messages! ?? I can't go give mins without doing something on mine still! You obviously don't tx or ring ur gf much by the sound of it!! ;o)

4. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

I'd go along with this. You didn't look at your phone for god knows how many hours and ended up with 2 texts and a missed call and you want to know whether to blame Android or HTC? My word.

5. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

Is this post real? U didn't check your phone for half a day and then you get mad you missed some calls and text messages??!?!?!

Then you told your GF your phone was broken??? Because she wouldn't understand??? And she came round your house to interrogate you???

How old are you guys??

6. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

If you didn't check your phone then how is the flashing LED going to help anyway? You wouldn't be able to see it if your phone is sitting in your pocket or something... and if you get your phone out of your pocket to check the LED, just flick the screen on for two seconds..

Not rocket science is it? :eek:

7. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

lol

8. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

What was your previous phone, and how did you cope checking for messages?

9. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

His old phone probably launched a flare when it received a message.

10. zoidy84

zoidy84 Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!

That or the world stood still with everyone just pointing at his phone from where ever they are at the time!

11. Wicky

Wicky Member

Because you would go the whole day without checking your phone :confused:

12. Wicky

Wicky Member

His old phone was the nokia lighthouse it flashed and had a built in fog horn;

13. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

i had the same problem and i solved it by asking my mother to call me every 5 minutes to ask if i had checked my phone for missed calls/texts or if i've wiped my nose or put on clean underwear.

14. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I am reminded of how much simpler it was before there were mobile phones, then it was normal to be out of reach for hours on end. Perhaps your girlfriend (and maybe some of the other posters here, although no offence intended) is also a little too fixated on being able to reach you (unless it was an emergency)?

In any case, I think it would be better (at least, in the long run) to tell her that you just didn't look at your phone -- and that that's not necessarily a "fault". Now you also need a prank app to show that you got your phone fixed in a jiffy. :eek:

15. Das_Jeeb

Das_Jeeb Well-Known Member

You can download an app called missed reminder which can either keep the LED flashing or give you an audible alert every x minutes until you acknowledge the text/missed call.

16. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Haha quality. That story sounded rather fishy to me :p as has been said download handcent. Perfect app.

17. furious duck

furious duck Well-Known Member

Relate - the relationship people

;)

18. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Sounds like your girlfriend needs someone who actually pays her some attention.

-Mike

19. vettahead

vettahead New Member

And your blaming the phone for this?

My wife would kick the crap out of me if i ignored her all day, i have the obligortary love you text sent for around 2 then what we doing for tea text around 4:45 ..

She would use mah plums as baseballs if i went all day without any contact.

20. 1208

1208 Well-Known Member

I had this problem once...

...so I dumped her!

21. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

Ok cut the guy some slack, he is taking some pelters here, I know he is not blameless but jeezo, give the guy a break.

I think this could possibly be what he is looking for, check it out, it's free and should stop any future issues with the other half.

Check it out here...

22. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Press the power button when you get back to your phone. It will tell you what you missed.

Simples!!

23. Mr.Derringer

Mr.Derringer Well-Known Member

You Need Dulcoease

24. diS

diS Well-Known Member

You can't imagine how hard I laughed with that!
    Although what you say is true, most women would do that.

OT: At first i really couldn't imagine that you wouldn't check for phone for half a day.
    But what do you need to make you aware of missed things? Sound? (probably not when you are at a meeting) Perhaps light? Or something else?

25. Stainy

Stainy Active Member

His old gf probably launched a flare when she couldn`t get a hold of him! :D

seriously ?