Pitfalls of the ROOT? Is it safe?

Last Updated:

1. navinjohnson

navinjohnson Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 12, 2010
    First off I want to thank everyone for the information on this forum. It's a must for any Android user. Almost any question I can think of can be answered here. There is one question I haven't seen yet about rooting the droid. IS IT really SAFE? Not safe for the integrity of the phone itself but is it safe to use the phone for personal banking and commerce. Has anyone checked to see if these downloads, theme changes and system updates that we are putting on our phones have small code embedded in them that phish for our information? How do we know that when we root our phone and open it up to downloads from NON-Market developers that we are not opening our phones up to identity thieves. Now that we have the coveted 2.1 software is it at the expense of privacy?

2. Xritam

Xritam Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    You think your phone is really safe without a root?
    You think packet decryption is exclusively for pc's?
    Bottom line is its not a good idea to tie financial info to a mobile device.

So it is no safer then with or without a root. yes they could embed code to take your info, but how many people here have had anything like that happen with their roots.