Place for monitoring progress in Tablet development?

Last Updated:

1. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I will be fortunate in March/April of 2011 to be able to receive a great bonus/gift from my company worth up to $1250. I was initially leaning towards getting a fully decked out iPad and was hoping the rumored version 2 would be out then.

But I would really prefer to get an Android Tablet if I could and would like to start monitoring whats coming up in new and amazing Tablets. For me - bigger, faster, sharper is all the better (heck, its not my money). The iPad is pretty spectacular so I am really trying to find one that really competes with the iPad.

So I am curious where the best place to go to watch news on upcoming tablet releases.

On a related note - are you familiar with an Android Tablet that really kicks @$$ and has a large screen like an iPad?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mindwave

mindwave Well-Known Member

check the archos 10.1 due in OCT you wont even have to wait for your bonus

3. Catfish

Catfish Well-Known Member

and you could get 4 of them for up to $1250 :D

4. joeybcdt

joeybcdt Member

Is this tab going to support the android market? They refer to applib on the web site.

5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Archos typically supports their own market application. Legal access to the Android market has traditionally required that the device function as a cell phone... something that tablets don't do. With the release of all of these new mainstream tablets I'm guessing that Google is going to change this policy to better support tablets.

6. cbigmtich

cbigmtich Well-Known Member

plus youtube has video on how to add the android market on a tablets that doesn't have it out of the box!