• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Places Directory Application

GixxerJoe

Oct 19, 2009
I downloaded Places Directory from the android market today and I was super impressed! It basicly searches everything from local attractions to restaurants to gas stations to bars...virtually anything that you want. And it does it by your location. It is extreemly accurate and also has maps and navigation built in. It also gives the bussiness phone numbers as well. It is one of my favorite apps I have installed thus far. And it is free. Just thought I would share.

I downloaded Places Directory from the android market today and I was super impressed! It basicly searches everything from local attractions to restaurants to gas stations to bars...virtually anything that you want. And it does it by your location. It is extreemly accurate and also has maps and navigation built in. It also gives the bussiness phone numbers as well. It is one of my favorite apps I have installed thus far. And it is free. Just thought I would share.

I like Places Directory too. Mainly because of the little internal memory needed for the app. If you can spare the memory though, I would go with Where app. It has a lot more features than Places Directory.

Upvote 0
Cool thanks for the advice! I am having so much fun exploring apps! And best thing is if I want to uninstall it I dont have to waist 15min of my day to delete one app like eh hemmm my blackberry :D

Lol. That's definitely a pro. Not sure what apps, or how many you have, but here's a list of the apps I have installed, and that I use the most.

Exported by aTrackDog at 18:45:49 2009/11/16
DarkHero,1.1
Digi Clock Widget,1.4a
Font Pack 2,1.0
Facebook,1.0.1
Advanced Task Manager,3.7
Android And Me News Widget,2.0.2
AppControl,1.4.8.1
aTrackDog,3.10
Bar Control,1.1.0
Battery Status,2.2
Better Cut,1.4
Better Keyboard,3.5.2
Buzz Deck,0.9.4
DarkGray,1.0
eBuddy,1.3.3
ES File Explorer,1.0.9.10
Handcent Font Pack3,1.0
Handcent Sms,2.9.16
i Music,1.0.41
Meridian,0.1.4
Mobile Banking,2.12
MyBackup Pro,2.1.1
NewsRob,3.2.9
Note Everything,2.7.0
Note Everything Pro,1.1.0
OffiViewer,0.5
OI File Manager,1.1.0
Open Home,3.4
S2 Calendar Widget,1.12.4
Shazam,1.1
SMS Backup,1.1.0
Sound Manager,2.0.0
Swift Twitter App,1.1.1
Tipper,1.2.0
Useful Switchers,1.3.0
Where,1.6.9
Total 37 applications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones