placing personal info on lock screen

Last Updated:

1. wiggleglass

wiggleglass New Member This Topic's Starter

would like to put my personal info (name, reach number, address) on the lock screen in case the droid x gets lost...

looking for suggestions how to do that...

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Someone posted this before and I suggested they look into Widgetlocker. You could either place a widget on the lock screen (e.g. sticky note widget, photo widget displaying your contact information, etc.) or you can use it to select a different wallpaper to be displayed on the lock screen (and you could make your wallpaper say your contact info).

They later thanked me and said it worked, so maybe it'll work for you too.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

You might try using this program.
    WidgetLocker Lockscreen - Android app on AppBrain
    I'm thinking that you could add an 'owner' or 'if lost press here' contact with your information, then put a shortcut to that contact on the lock screen using this program.

Edit, well Binary Visions got there first, but we have the same basic idea (I took the extra minute to go get a link to the app). :)

4. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member

Not to sure I'd want my address on a lost or stolen phone. Be a push to have my name or another phone number as well.

Just saying.

5. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

If you like to use pattern unlock and slide-to-unlock on your phone, widgetlocker is crap. It causes you to have to double-slide-to-unlock in that case. If you do not use security on your phone, widgetlocker works likes a champ. Since widgetlocker is buggy like this, I uninstalled it. To get my contact information on the phone, I edited my wallpaper to have my name, phone number, and email address on it. When the phone is locked, it shows up perfectly. I made the text small enough to fit between the dock and the first row of icons, so it doesn't look messy when the phone is in use.

6. karma2burn

karma2burn Well-Known Member

I use GOTO as a screen lock replacement. One of the things you can do is put an owner's name on there and it shows up at the top of the phone. There isn't a lot of space available to type but it's enough so that I could put my home phone in there and say if found right after it.

I have the patter lock enabled so basically if someone finds my phone they can't get into it but they do have enough information to give it back to me if they are honest.

Works for me.

GOTO Lock Screen - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

7. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

Security Pro - Android app on AppBrain

Security Pro lets you customize the lock screen message in the settings...I think there is a free version as well.

8. rrtong

rrtong New Member

I used the app antivirus free. Once you download it, open it and hit the settings button, select the Remote Management option then the Lost Message tab. From here you will be able to select your contact info or input your own text.

9. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I like the wallpaper idea. I don't really look at it anyway.

Considering your life could be on the device what's the harm in having your name and address on the device. Its in there anyway.