• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Plain Android or Touchwiz, what's your preference?

gme109

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
My phone should be delivered shortly, and I'm trying to decide what user interface I want to use. I'm new to Android and this is also my first smart phone. Can someone tell me what the advantages and disadvantages of these two user interfaces are? Thanks.

You download them from the Android Market.

Launcher Pro is fast! Usually the home replacements lag, but LP is actually faster than vanilla Android! It also lets you select up to 7 home screens, vs 3 on android 2.1, and 5 on 2.2.

It has 5 icons on the bottom dock that show up on every screen, kinda like the iPhone. The app drawer is also butter smooth, and lets you hide apps that you don't use. I hid the Nascar app for example.

Upvote 0
I downloaded Launcher Pro, but just the free version, and I think the real benefits come from the full version from what I've read (the version I had has only 3 home screens, and not many options for widgets).

I have an Evo, and I do like Sense. I suppose the big problem is the delay in updates, but if I recall, the Droid has has issues with the update, and that runs on stock, right?

Upvote 0
I downloaded Launcher Pro, but just the free version, and I think the real benefits come from the full version from what I've read (the version I had has only 3 home screens, and not many options for widgets).

I have an Evo, and I do like Sense. I suppose the big problem is the delay in updates, but if I recall, the Droid has has issues with the update, and that runs on stock, right?

Launcher Pro's free version used to have up to 7 home screens. I have the paid version and it has some cool widgets, but other than that, they were pretty much the same. Maybe he removed the multiple screen options to make more people pay? I doubt it though. I'm going to play with TW before adding Launcher Pro to my new Epic, and see if I like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones