Plain Android or Touchwiz, what's your preference?

Last Updated:

1. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone should be delivered shortly, and I'm trying to decide what user interface I want to use. I'm new to Android and this is also my first smart phone. Can someone tell me what the advantages and disadvantages of these two user interfaces are? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. The-Chef

The-Chef Member

Being brand new to smart phones, I'm finding touchwiz to be great. Of course, that's probably like saying that a camaro is great, without ever having seen a ferrari.

3. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Launcher Pro

4. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Plain is too boring. TW for now then AWD or Launcher Pro or something later.

5. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay stupid question here. Are AWD and Launcher Pro available options on the phone, or do they need to be downloaded?

6. KoukiFC3S

You download them from the Android Market.

Launcher Pro is fast! Usually the home replacements lag, but LP is actually faster than vanilla Android! It also lets you select up to 7 home screens, vs 3 on android 2.1, and 5 on 2.2.

It has 5 icons on the bottom dock that show up on every screen, kinda like the iPhone. The app drawer is also butter smooth, and lets you hide apps that you don't use. I hid the Nascar app for example.

7. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

I downloaded Launcher Pro, but just the free version, and I think the real benefits come from the full version from what I've read (the version I had has only 3 home screens, and not many options for widgets).

I have an Evo, and I do like Sense. I suppose the big problem is the delay in updates, but if I recall, the Droid has has issues with the update, and that runs on stock, right?

8. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Launcher Pro's free version used to have up to 7 home screens. I have the paid version and it has some cool widgets, but other than that, they were pretty much the same. Maybe he removed the multiple screen options to make more people pay? I doubt it though. I'm going to play with TW before adding Launcher Pro to my new Epic, and see if I like it.

9. KoukiFC3S

Free still has 7 screens.