• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Plain Black Wallpaper

just open Paint (included in Microsoft Windows), create a new 24 bit bitmap file in size 960 x 854 pixels and fill it with black (paint can). bingo! perfectly black wallpaper, finger not included.

i also added my name and phone number using the text tool in Paint (poor mans "return to owner" message since the wallpaper is visible on the lock screen too).

Upvote 0
just open Paint (included in Microsoft Windows), create a new 24 bit bitmap file in size 960 x 854 pixels and fill it with black (paint can). bingo! perfectly black wallpaper, finger not included.

i also added my name and phone number using the text tool in Paint (poor mans "return to owner" message since the wallpaper is visible on the lock screen too).

Hopefully an alternate phone number :p

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
For those who don't want to mess around with files, the easiest way to get a pure black wallpaper / background is to download the free Back2Black app from Android Market:
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.Back2Black

NOTE: Taking a "black" photo does not create pure black due to artifacts of JPEG compression. You'll also end up with a file up to 1.5 MB instead of 3 KB, which wastes space on your phone. And performance for all home functions may not be as quick.

Excellent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones