PlainJane2 vs XtrSense

Last Updated:

1. jday

jday Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently using PlainJane2 and like the ROM a lot and haven't really experienced any problems with it. However, I keep reading about how good XtrSense is and was wondering if anyone has used both of these and can compare them. From the descriptions, they seem fairly similar. I just don't know if XtrSense is faster and/or smoother.

I'm also thinking about trying the "non-sense" route and trying Xtr using either ADW or LauncherPro.

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

I liked senseable more than xtrsense, but thats purely based on looks. haven't had any problems with either.

I'm not convinced there are any real speed differences between any of the sense roms, now froyo vs sense vs no-sense is a different story.

3. briman4031

briman4031 Well-Known Member

I've run both PlainJane and XtrSense. Personally for me XtrSense is faster. PlainJane itself was fairly fast, but I still had severe dialer lag. I've been running XtrSense 4.0.6.1 for two weeks now and my phone has never been faster. Plus XtrSense allows you to toggle JIT and Apps2sd easily.

4. jday

jday Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies. I actually decided to try Xtr (not XtrSense) and am amazed at how well and fast my phone works. I was a little leary because I like sense and wasn't sure I would like a ROM without sense. In reality, I haven't missed sense at all. I'm using LauncherPro with it and am very happy.