• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Plantronics Explorer 230 Bluetooth free w/ Evo

Robfactory

Sep 24, 2009
East Coast
Today I went to my BB to ask why they hadn't called me for my Evo 4G Appt. the guy told me they weren't doing that anymore. That they have 24 pre-orders and if I was one of those I could come in at 10 a.m. when they open.
I was disappointed and asked them why they wouldn't open at 8 a.m. like other locations around the states. His face was blank. So I moved on to the next question.
Are you guys giving out free headsets?
He said and showed me the Plantronics Explorer 230 and said they would give these out.
I followed the question with, are you guys giving out or exchanging the 8 gig microsd cards?
He said no, that the phone with 8 gigs, but he had not heard of any replacement of the microsd.

Reactions: ootherocoo
Ok, well, I used mine finally. Nothing special. Used it with quiet surroundings so i don't know how the noise canceling is.

After that one use I turned it off, now it's DEAD. It won't turn back on. Charged it some more in case it was a battery thing. No dice. Completely dead, won't turn on. :mad:

Wonder if I can take it back to BB and they'll give me a real one. The receipt says they are worth $40?!?!

Upvote 0
Yea, this free bluetooth SUCKS! I used it for one day and it's already broken! I plugged it up to charge and the red indicator light went off after only a minute. I tried turning it on and it will not come back on... I wonder if they'll apply this $40 value towards my purchase of a quality headset???

Upvote 0
I was able to return it and applied the $40 it was worth on a different bluetooth headset since they didn't have the same model in stock (luckily).

Sweet. That is good news. I was planning on trying to do that since the receipt says it's worth $40(!!!). Got to go down there anyway so they can price match the case that I bought on launch day that is now on sale. In this case I hope the other one I got (purchased two phones) craps out too. Then I can get $80 credit and make a jawbone almost free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones