Plantronics Explorer 230 Bluetooth free w/ EvoAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I went to my BB to ask why they hadn't called me for my Evo 4G Appt. the guy told me they weren't doing that anymore. That they have 24 pre-orders and if I was one of those I could come in at 10 a.m. when they open.
    I was disappointed and asked them why they wouldn't open at 8 a.m. like other locations around the states. His face was blank. So I moved on to the next question.
    Are you guys giving out free headsets?
    He said and showed me the Plantronics Explorer 230 and said they would give these out.
    I followed the question with, are you guys giving out or exchanging the 8 gig microsd cards?
    He said no, that the phone with 8 gigs, but he had not heard of any replacement of the microsd.

Advertisement
    ootherocoo likes this.
  2. x4sper

x4sper Member

the BT looks like a piece o well maybe it will work better than my cheap jabra i got for my PS3 :)

3. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

according to reviews it's a hit and miss depending on how your ear is.
    you can always regift it and pass it on or sell it on eBay for $12.

4. jkr4577

jkr4577 Well-Known Member

yeah thaought that was pretty cool of Best Buy even though I'll probably sell mine and use my existing jawbone.

5. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Anyone try theirs out yet? Opinions? I tried it on and was lucky enough that it fit my ear decently enough. It's very basic without any way to adjust the fit so I was surprised.

6. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

I mean, it was free... I can't complain at all.

7. Mabster

Ok, well, I used mine finally. Nothing special. Used it with quiet surroundings so i don't know how the noise canceling is.

After that one use I turned it off, now it's DEAD. It won't turn back on. Charged it some more in case it was a battery thing. No dice. Completely dead, won't turn on. :mad:

Wonder if I can take it back to BB and they'll give me a real one. The receipt says they are worth $40?!?!

8. LisaO

LisaO New Member

Yea, this free bluetooth SUCKS! I used it for one day and it's already broken! I plugged it up to charge and the red indicator light went off after only a minute. I tried turning it on and it will not come back on... I wonder if they'll apply this $40 value towards my purchase of a quality headset???

9. wkang

wkang New Member

The Same thing happened to mine. I paired it, plugged it in to charge and it never woke up since. I was able to return it and applied the $40 it was worth on a different bluetooth headset since they didn't have the same model in stock (luckily).

10. Mabster

Sweet. That is good news. I was planning on trying to do that since the receipt says it's worth $40(!!!). Got to go down there anyway so they can price match the case that I bought on launch day that is now on sale. In this case I hope the other one I got (purchased two phones) craps out too. Then I can get $80 credit and make a jawbone almost free.

11. ekt8750

ekt8750 Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Mine took a shit too. I'd rather get something else for the $40 its worth.

12. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up guys. The moment I get the 230, it's going on craigslist lol

13. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

Really? I can return this thing back to BB without a reciept for $40 credit?

14. Mabster

Not sure you can do it without a receipt.

15. Mabster

No go for me on the return. Went to three different Buy More in my area and none of them would give me anything for the broken headset. They were out of stock so couldn't give me a replacement and since it was part of the bundle the reciept says I paid $0 for it. They wouldn't give me $40 credit towards another headset.

16. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Your best bet at getting credit will probably be a different store with no receipt. Other than that there's always craigslist. Surprisingly I only saw one of the explorer 230's on my area's craigslist and he was selling for $20.

17. GoldenStatePanda

GoldenStatePanda Well-Known Member

so far the headset has worked fine for me. i didn't have a headset before and it was free so i might as well use it.

18. carol19473

carol19473 New Member

Mine broke, too. And after only about 2 days of use. Garbage!

19. mojo-jojo

mojo-jojo Member

I've had three different 230's since launch day.. not one has worked more than two days. Pure junk. Plantronics, you have poisoned the well for my future purchase of your products! :mad:

20. patch321

patch321 Well-Known Member

they were all out when i picked up my evo. i talked them into giving me a case for free instead

21. Wayno-san

Wayno-san Member

Total trash... went through three before I gave up. At least I got a couple of micro-usb chargers out of the deal. Will never purchase a Plantronics product in the future.