Plants vs Zombies 2

Last Updated:

1. The Miki Show

The Miki Show Well-Known Member

Plants vs Zombies 2 "It's about time" by Pop Cap is Exclusive to iOS. No Android. Not fair! I don't like this!

Advertisement
  2. The Miki Show

How can they ignore a platform like Android. Again and Again.
  3. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

I know right? I think pop cap is really shooting themselves in the foot doing this. I honestly hate exclusives and I especially hate ones like these. This game would be so much better is it was on Android, PC, or Xbox or PS. *Sigh* Such a shame as I love to play this game. :(
  4. The Miki Show

At E3 they announced a Plants vs Zombies Shooter. No mention about Android. I don't know what they are thinking about.
  5. Metroid Prime

With the way games are going anymore especially PVZ, I don't even know anymore. The game would be so much better if it was multi-platform. That way everyone can enjoy it and they get more because a lot more people can play it. Someone told me Apple isn't doing too good so perhaps that's why. I just read that EA bought PopCap so I think that is definitely why too. :p
  6. The Miki Show

The first official trailer for Plants vs. Zombies
  7. Metroid Prime

Interesting. Hopefully Android also, and at least it's Multi-platform. That's awesome. :)
  8. nancy30

nancy30 Well-Known Member

hi miki this is a good game hopefully it will be much more popular than the older version, which more speed and zombies to destroy
  9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Popcap already said it will be iPhone exclusive initially. Maybe they have a deal or something.
  10. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I just had this conversation with an iOS friend of mine, and he doesn't get it either. With sales of Android phones almost double iOS phones, it makes no sense business wise.
  11. baezwilles

baezwilles New Member

I can't even think about it !!
    How can they avoid "ANDROID" ?? Such a great technology!!
  12. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Well-Known Member

There's also a much greater variety in hardware for Android devices and many of them simply aren't powerful enough for some types of games. My old phone could play Angry Birds, but it was choppy as hell, and Bad Pigs wouldn't play at all.
  13. The Miki Show

Yes, but most current Android Devices do not have that issue. At least release it for Tegra 3 devices. Which are more then capable.
  14. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

indeed.

Even between Iphones you can't just compare the oldest devices with the newest ones. A game realeased for Iphone4 will simply not play on a 3GS. Same thing goes for Android, i really can't compare my Galaxy Note 2's 1.6Ghz Quad core with my old Xperia X10 1Ghz single core....
  15. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

However the phones all still use GPU's from PowerVR so there's very little optimization required, just a matter of decreasing the graphics settings for the older device until it's playable.
  16. ipersian

ipersian Well-Known Member

noooooooooooooooo, I loved that piano and violin music in the first edition, :(
  17. KonH

KonH Member

So sad, first game was very good.
  18. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

I think piracy is the bigger issue not spec's. They are probably tring to figure out a way to monetize , decide whether to go free with IAP or paid. Dont worry plants vs zombie2 will come to android.
  19. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

It's a waste of time, whatever they do the game will get cracked and pirated regardless of their efforts to prevent it.
  20. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Well-Known Member

Yes, whatever method they come up with to "copy protect" it, will be broken, at worst, within a couple hours of release, often sooner.

But it's still a greater number of hardware variations to test and debug for. Still more chances for the crazy fluke bug that some random combination of hardware reacts badly to some piece of code in the game.

I agree that it's a crap excuse, but it wouldn't surprise me if that had something to do with it.
  21. The Miki Show

I can see that happening. Maybe they will change their mind like Xbox did. :) :) Not having an android release must be due to some kind of contract.
  22. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

More like iOS still kills everyone else in mobile revenue. Since iOS and Android are written in different languages, odds are they made the game first for Iphone and will port it to Android and other platforms down the road.

Makes the most sense from a financial standpoint.
  23. JamesWalk

JamesWalk Member

Did they announced a date when will be available to Android platform?
  24. The Miki Show

Nothing have been announced yet. However it is free to play with in app purchases. I'm also waiting for Plants Vs Zombie Garden Warfare. Coming exclusively first to Xbox One and Xbox 360 followed by PC and other platforms.
  25. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I doubt warfare coming to iOS or Android, considering it's a multiplayer first person shooter game like Halo or Modern Warfare. It connects over Xbox Live and all that.