Plastic Phone CasesTips

Last Updated:

1. Commandofern

Commandofern Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. So I bought my LG ally and the sales rep walked out with a bunch of cases and asked my favorite color. I chose the clear one. I love the sales rep to death cause he is actually a really good friend, however, I don't feel safe with the cheap-feeling plastic case. Its the clear one that flexes alot and stuff. DOes it really protect it?
    I had the body glove on my old env touch and, while working on a 3 story roof on the phone, dropped it and it landed straight on concrete. Walked down, picked it up and finished my call.
    On the other hand, I drop my ally out of my car on accident and the case simply falls off.
    Any thoughts?? if theres no benefit, i'm just going to take it off as it looks dumb.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

The case protects from routine scratches and bumps, but will not protect from a hard fall.

Still, if you got the case for free...keep it.

Or if you want to spend more money, go buy a rubberized case.

Commandofern likes this.
  3. Commandofern

ok. thats what im thinking is just use it till it breaks, then just go from there. thanks

4. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Even if the case falls off during impact it's still absorbing most of the blow. Put a velcro dot on the case if you really want it to stay put haha. I have 2 different colors of the cheap eBay cases and they work fine. I stopped using them for a while because I got sick of colors and wanted to see the black phone again, and now the back of the phone has a few scuffs, probably from falling out of my pocket at the gym. Sooo I'll be throwing a case back on.

5. Halainn317

Halainn317 Well-Known Member

Keep your arm in the car so your phone doesn't fall out of your hand while traveling at high speeds!! Lol...anyway, I have the same case and it works fairly well. Sometimes If I drop it the front part pops off. It doesn't secure itself to the device very well.

6. Commandofern

Yeah. I was stepping out of the car and kaplop. Lol. I'm just gonna leave it onn till it breaks.

7. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

I have gone through 2 cheaper plastic cases off of ebay. Bought a green one of the same quality. Im going to stick with them since the prices are between 1 and 3 dollars each, better than buying a bodyglove for 20+