• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play button on headphones starting both Music and Listen?

ashground

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
If I'm on the home screen of my Desire and I play the Play button on my (bundled HTC) headphones, both Music and Listen start playing. If I was already listening to music and I hit the button to pause it, the music pauses but once again Listen starts playing. Is there any way I can easily avoid this?

Hey i discovered the same problem when I install another audio program, I think the easiest way to stop it happening is too use Settings - Applications - then force stop the one you don't want.

Don't suppose you've noticed that when you paused music using the headphones and then come back to it later when you press the headphone control to restart sometimes it can take a age to do so, but can be sped up by pressing the power button on the phone?

Upvote 0
Hey i discovered the same problem when I install another audio program, I think the easiest way to stop it happening is too use Settings - Applications - then force stop the one you don't want.

The problem is that I don't want to close Listen while I'm listening to music, since it downloads podcasts in the background.

Don't suppose you've noticed that when you paused music using the headphones and then come back to it later when you press the headphone control to restart sometimes it can take a age to do so, but can be sped up by pressing the power button on the phone?

Nope, haven't noticed that, but I've only have the phone for two days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones