Play.com Desire no ota froyo yet?

Last Updated:

1. Houndofhell

Houndofhell Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Bought myself a Desire about a month ago from Play.com and stuck in a o2 payg sim i already had, really love it and everything is working great.

I heard Froyo had been released ota so i decided to use the "check now" option however it claims that my phone is up to date. I've checked the softare information and its def 2.1-update 1, as far as i can tell the phone is definitely unbranded and there are no custom scenes or wallpapers.

I even took the sim out and tried doing a check it still says there is no new updates. I'm a resident of the UK but as far as i can tell that shouldn't make a difference.

I'm not in too much of a rush as its new software but i was just a little worried something was wrong. Anyone got any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. russoakes

russoakes Member

I bought mine from play.com and got the update, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have it.

3. Chrispyweener

Chrispyweener Member

Got mine from Expansys and mine too has no update yet. I think it's exact model specific although I'd have thought that all UK models that were unbranded would have been the same I think this is not the case, mainly based on my experience with Nokia - they release several and they all have specific firmware which varies in release date.

Hoping it will be soon as it will resolve my email problem apparently. And give me some decent video recording ability.

4. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Play is based in Jersey so it might have something to do with that :confused: Not sure!

5. Meekel

Meekel New Member

It doesn't matter where the phone was purchased unlocked. OTA updates are done it batches so as no stress is put on the servers distributing the update.

Therefore, updates will take time to propagate through to everyone.

There have also been rumours that HTC have pulled the update due to bugs however this is just a rumour.

Just sit tight and relax. The update will come..

6. Raggy

Raggy Well-Known Member

Apparently the update has been suspended for some reason

7. Chrispyweener

Chrispyweener Member

Oooh, I wonder why - also how do you know this? Their website still lists it as being available.

8. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member

Got my desire sim free from Play.com a couple of months ago and got the update the day it was released 1st August. Im using it on the 3 network and havnt noticed any bugs yet, except maybe the stock browser is a little less smooth scrolling.

9. Houndofhell

Cheers for the info, as it happened on the release date and about a week after it i had no wifi access and didn't have 3G turned on so that'll be why i didn't get it then, so if they've suspended it or releasing it in waves thats fine.

10. Houndofhell

Just thought i'd update you all, i have now received the update and it is downloading as we speak

11. daveyt

daveyt New Member

been checking for days, it just appeared in the last hour or so. Mine is unbranded, not from play, got it from handango.