Play Elder Scrolls: Oblivion or any PC Game on Nexus 7?General

1. iLaughAtApple

iLaughAtApple New Member

New to all this. Just asking...

Advertisement
    :
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

probably not unless the developers have made an android version...
  3. PhaseBurn

PhaseBurn Active Member

Possible by using one of the remote desktop apps to plat the games from your tablet by way of your PC. There are a few technologies that allow this but most aren't very good. You'll also run into issues as games like Oblivion are designed for a keyboard and mouse, not a touch screen so while it might be technically possible I wouldn't consider it feasible for most PC games.

You would be really better off waiting for a port to Android natively (if the developer is going to do one) or to find a replacement game to spend your time on :)
  4. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

The architecture for pc games is way different then these mobile tablets, the games would have to be rewritten and released for this platform. And major games are usually too big to fit on a mobile platform completely, so they sometimes get a spin-off or dumbed down versions. Exceptions of this are gta3 and world of Goo for instance.
    But the most potential for an actual pc gaming experience on tablets and the like, lies with cloud gaming. For instance the wiki pad has partnered with the game streaming service gaikai, providing pc gaming experience over the Internet.
    Shortly after, they partnered with Nvidia, but I have no idea how they intend to implement the service, but let's hope it has something to do with their tegra platform, rather then kepler or any pc hardware... It'd make sense, so I'm hopeful :)