Play FLV files on Wildfire S???Support

1. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member Developer

Google is failing me on this one. Has anyone figured out a way to play flvs on the Wildfire S?

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Rockplayer should be able to do it, it manages most other formats I've tried.
    CafeKampuchia likes this.
  3. CafeKampuchia

Checking it out. Tks!

Edit 1:
    Android Market: This app is incompatible with your HTC Wildfire S A510e. :(

Edit 2:
    The RockPlayer website has 1.7.4 for ARMv6 download that works! ;) Well sort of. It has to play in software decoding mode and it can't quite keep up. I'll have to mess with it to try and improve performance.

Thanks, El P!
  4. BoyBrushedRed

BoyBrushedRed Active Member

Most players work, moboplayer, .mxplayer and rockplayer aswell
    CafeKampuchia likes this.
  5. CafeKampuchia

With RockPlayer, 320x240 flvs play smoothly. Anything above that and the video lags but the audio keeps up. The same is also the case with MP4s larger than 320x240 which HTC's video player renders just fine. Apparently RockPlayer has some room to improve.

Thanks. I'll check out moboplayer and mxplayer.

Update:
    Of the three, RockPlayer has the worst performance and MxPlayer the best. MoboPlayer has the best interface (in my opinion) and is close to MxPlayer in performance, though sometimes not quite able to play a 320x240 flv without lag.

None of the three can handle flv above 320x240.
    None of the three can handle MP4 above 320x240, whereas the HTC video player can!

So I'm going with MxPlayer for it's performance advantage for flvs, but for larger MP4s, I'm definitely sticking with HTC video player.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Sorry, Rockplayer's always worked out for me. :eek:

I'll look at giving the other players a go now though.
  7. CafeKampuchia

Yesterday I discovered that PowerAmp will play the audio of any mp4 file. That's a great thing for music downloaded from Youtube! :D Unfortunately it won't play the audio of flvs.
  8. saud678

saud678 Member

:(
    when ever i tried to play avi flv mp4 it always lags when i play it with any player :(
  9. CafeKampuchia

When I had my WFS MXPlayer didn't lag with the software decoder but I never tried it with HD.