Play movies brought through Itunes on Nexus 7

1. azrim85

azrim85 New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if some one could help me please

Just brought a nexus 7 and would like to transfer the movies i brought from itunes to it.

any advice would be much appreciated

regards

Advertisement
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

I don't think it's possible to do that since iTunes belongs to Apple and the play store belongs to Google. :eek:
    Different services
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Movies bought from iTunes have Digital Restrictions Management(DRM) copy protection. They're restricted and can only be played in iTunes and Apple iOS devices. Same thing for movies bought from Google Play, they're restricted to Android only with DRM copy protection, and won't play on Apple iPhones and iPads.
  4. LS1BadBird

LS1BadBird Well-Known Member

Little off topic, but do videos from Amazon have DRM? For some reason I thought those could be copied?
  5. Greydon

Greydon Member

However Digital Copy DVD's that you buy in stores don't have the same restrictions. These should be ok.
    mikedt likes this.
  6. arye

arye New Member

so how can you get movies on android?
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

As posted above, you can rip and re-encode DVDs. These will often have very weak DRM(Content Scramble System), which was cracked years ago. As long as you own the DVDs, and you're only putting them on your own devices, you're good to go.

Depending on where you are. If you're in the US, movies are available from Amazon, Netflix and Google Play. If you're in China, like me.....no comment. :rolleyes:
  8. Roadie1015

Roadie1015 Well-Known Member

They do have DRM and can only be played in the Amazon Unbox software as far as I know. I believe Amazon movies are compatible with some Android devices, not sure about the S3 though. I stopped downloading movies a while ago, too many restrictions. Now I just buy the DVD and rip it myself.