Play music in background??Tips

Last Updated:

1. rtandon87

rtandon87 Member This Topic's Starter

When I play some music on Evo, them switch to a different app... Lets say messaging. The music stops playing. Is there a way to make music play in the background? Coming from windows mobile, that's what I am used to. Is that not possible on Android?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Mine keeps playing. Are you using the Music app? or the music widget on a home screen?

3. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Nothing really stops the music from playing except during a phone call which mutes the music and then continues playing when the call ends. The music plays while texting, surfing and camera mode.

Kinda cool when you're listening to tunes and the EVO goes to sleep. The screen is locked but you still have access to your tunes on a mini menu.

4. dieNASTY

dieNASTY Active Member

Yea I don't see why yours doesnt. Maybe its a setting u turned off. I get music playing all the time expect for phone calls.

5. Bluesun_EVO

Bluesun_EVO Active Member

The only time it will stop playing is if:

I clicked on the music file from the notification bar

OR

If I try to STREAM music from my browser...doesn't work, which is very annoying. As soon as I minimize it, it stops playing.

6. rtandon87

rtandon87 Member This Topic's Starter

I go to Astro, click on a music file that starts playing in the default music player. Then I click on the home key on my phone and the music stops. Can you please follow these exact same steps and tell me what you see? Why does the music stop?

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yes, if you open the file from Astro, it will not keep playing when you exit the music app.

As I said before, you need to play music from the music app, or the music widget, and it will keep playing. I dont know why you would open files one by one anyway, the music app will load all mp3's on the card.

8. netmag

netmag Active Member

What about Sprint's built in radio channels? (Sprint Radio streams under the Sprint TV app)

I couldn't figure out how to get that play in the background. That would seem to be a big omission if so. If you can't play those radio stations in the back ground it would seem to be a big waste on a smart phone. And they obviously made some upgrades to clean up the interface for smart phones so it would be really disappointing if you couldn't play the radio streams in the background.

Also, is there a way to link to certain Sprint radio streams or do you have to always go through the Sprint TV app?

9. JerryG

JerryG Member

I haven't used the Sprint TV app on my Evo, as yet. But if it's anything like Sprint TV on my old PalmOS Treo, or my Palm Pre, it is designed to stop playing when it is off screen. It is first and foremost, a video-focused application. If you don't have it showing onscreen, you're not watching your "TV program", so to save power and bandwidth, it stops playing. Voila...

HTH,
    -Jerry

PS/BTW/FWIW - Of all the music apps I've tried over the last couple of weeks, I like Mixzing the best. Cherry Rplayer is a nice streaming radio app, and I'll be trying others.