Play Pandora on my car radio via BT??Support

Last Updated:

1. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I get a bluetooth adapter that hooks up to my Alpine headunit and accepts music. How would I tell pandora to brodcast to my car speakers? Is this possible?

Advertisement
  2. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Well-Known Member

Yes. Once your paired, Pandora, Slacker or whatever else should play through your head unit. You shouldn't have to do anything special. If call audio comes through, so should your streaming content.

3. kodiak kid

kodiak kid Well-Known Member

Here is my experience... I have a clarion double DIN 7" touch screen with some good speakers...Streaming pandora via BT seams to have crappy audio (very flat sound)...But by plugging a male to male 3.5mm audio cable into the aux jack, The sound quality is 100% better...

that being said, not sure if it is my stereo or if the bass/treble, etc gets lost during the BT streaming...Hope this helps!

4. cmalberto

cmalberto Member

I would think that digital BT would be in Line Quality at best therefore it would be FLAT. They analog 3.5MM interface would probably not be or have to be as this would be normally listened to headphones so you would have EQ capabilities available.

Now my preference is flat as I would allow the head unit to EQ the sound but just my preference.

--Mickey

5. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

I noticed Slaker sounds Terrible via BlueTooth, but Google listen is crystal clear.

Maybe its just the music i was trying to listen to that was streaming that was poor quality? I'm not sure.

6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Unfortunately this is not always the case! To play music across Bluetooth both the phone and the head unit need to successfully negotiate using the A2DP profile within Bluetooth. Normally they just negotiate using the handsfree (HFP) profile. Without A2DP you can listen to a phone call but not necessarily hear music.

Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. retz119

retz119 Member

Is there anyway to control what gets streamed through BT? I have BT and an aux port in my car and I would much rather listen to music through the aux port than the BT.

In the BT menu it says "Paired for phone and music" or something similar. Is there a way to keep the BT paired in case I get a phone call but still have it play through my aux cable? The sound quality is just much better and BT seems to drain the battery faster.

8. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

i just use an aux cable and take calls thru it too...when you make or receive a call pandora will pause and you just talk like you would on speaker phone, since the phone thinks a headset is plugged in it sends the audio of the call thru the car speakers. and when the phone call ends, pandora plays automatically. the sound is great in our car (chevy cobalt all stock) except one of the cig adapters in the car causes a high pitch sound but luckily the other does not.

9. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

retz119, I use the AUX port for Pandora and link my BT for calls, and it works fine. Calls will make Pandora pause for the call, and it resumes when you end your call on your headset. Briefly, the music will play in your ear, but no biggie. One thing about this set up is that when you want to make a call, you will hear the music playing while the phone asks you to "say a command" which is a little annoying, but you can still do what you want.

I've never tried bbuck's method to use the phone via the Aux plug. I assume when you speak, the phone's speaker will pick up your voice?

10. retz119

retz119 Member

See my bluetooth is through my car. It has a little microphone right on the dash behind the steering wheel. Its not a headset. When the phone connects to the car's bt it connects for both phone and music. It even says so in the BT settings.

I have used the phone through aux but it doesn't use the car's built in microphone. I have to hold the phone up to speak into it. Defeats the purpose of hands free.

But thanks for the responses guys.

11. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Well, in that case, I don't know how you can change it. One thing that's bugged me is the Nav voice will not come through the BT. That's one thing I wish it WOULD do instead of using the Aux or phone speakers!