• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play Pandora via Bluetooth in Car?

Wait, now that I think about it, is your head-unit an aftermarket Bluetooth head-unit, or is it a stock system that has hands free built in? If it's the first, then probably yes. If it's the second, then probably no.

If you can play mp3 files from your phone through Bluetooth in your car, then Pandora will work.

Upvote 0
That is all I listen to now in my new Kia, love it. A call comes in and the music pauses. Even when on navigation the music will pause, the directions will play over the sound system, then back to Pandora. Science fiction compared to 10 years ago.

At least I know someone else is using more data than I am, trying to stay off Verizon's top 5% list ;)

Just kidding.

It really is amazing you can stream music via your phone.

Upvote 0
I have an aftermarket cheap-o radio in one of my cars. It's a Clarion CZ509. I have set everything up and I can stream Pandora via bluetooth. I think it sounds fine (not great, fine).

My only gripe is, I used to actually be able to advance the song using the >> button on my radio interface. It was awesome!

Now, I can't do that anymore... I dunno if it was an Android update or a pandora update that broke that ability :(

Upvote 0
My car is new and has Bluetooth capability built-in. My cell calls work just fine over the system, but even though I have the Bluetooth option selected in the Pandora settings, the Pandora music only comes from the phone speaker not the car speakers. Is there something I need to buy? I don't want any aftermarket products to interfere with the car's built-in bluetooth, so I'm not sure what to do. The music should come over the car speakers, right? I mean, it just seems that it would use the same Bluetooth connection as with phone calls. Right?... Any ideas? Thanks!

Update: since posting the above message, I learned that although I have Bluetooth capability in my car for phone calls, it's not capable of streaming audio via Bluetooth. (No A2DP?) :( I'll try the AUX connection. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I have a similar error related to what is discussed above, here is whats different:

I can actually play audio files over bluetooth on my car (when paired as a bluetooth device) , I can also get voice (when paired as a hands free). However, I can't get Pandora to transmit sound to the car...youtube has the same issue.

I previously had an iphone that worked just fine with all sound applications. Is there some update or some compatibility issue Im missing?

Upvote 0
I was having issues with getting music to play but I could get my phone calls to work didnt see it addressed on here as I knew my stereo had the right capabilities. Seems that if you go to the settings on your phone for Bluetooth and you select the paired phone there's an option for phone audio and another for music audio..they both have to be selected. Once I did that mine finally worked

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones