• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play Store App disappeared

sjgmoney

Sep 24, 2012
So I go to add an app to my HTC EVO 4G this weekend and there is no sign of the Play Store App anywhere. Totally missing, not listed in my apps, not listed in the settings under manage apps either. Very freaking strange and aggravating. anybody know wtf is going on and what I can do?

I tried going online to the play.goole.com site or whatever and adding the app that way and it said it would be downloading shortly but othing happened. Tried restarting, tried shutting down and then startign fresh, nothing doing. Thanks in advance for the help.

So I go to add an app to my HTC EVO 4G this weekend and there is no sign of the Play Store App anywhere. Totally missing, not listed in my apps, not listed in the settings under manage apps either. Very freaking strange and aggravating. anybody know wtf is going on and what I can do?

I tried going online to the play.goole.com site or whatever and adding the app that way and it said it would be downloading shortly but othing happened. Tried restarting, tried shutting down and then startign fresh, nothing doing. Thanks in advance for the help.
That's odd.....
Welcome to the forums btw!!!
Go here and download play store to computer, transfer to sd card and install it from there.
Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.8.15
:D

Upvote 0

are you on a stock rom? rooted? if your having trouble downloading the google store (play), you can always push it to the device with adb or flash it in recovery (if you have a custom recovery)

Upvote 0
Okay I'm pretty sure I downloaded the file to the sd card. Now how to I go about installing the app. Sry for being stupid.
you are not stupid, you just are not sure and thats why you are here.:)
Do you have a file browser such as Astro, or ES file explorer or the like? If so, go into your file browser and find the play store apk.
, click on it, then it will ask you to install it...choose install, or yes, or whatever, then you will get the confirmation that it was installed.....
Back out of your file browser and open play store.

Edit: if you dont have a file browser, then we need to go in a different direction

Upvote 0
No file browser.
hmm...now that's a conundrum:p
Need file browser to access playstore apk on sd card.
Need playstore to get file browser.
Stand by, there was someone else with your issue, just need to find that thread because I cannot remember what was the end result.
Or, someone else may know before I find that, which is fine and better anyhoo:D
No worries!

Upvote 0
Well, didn't find it but, try this...
go to your internet browser (on your phone) and enter the url of the link I provided in my earlier post.
If you can download the playstore apk via your phone's browser, it will download and in your notification pulldown, it should show up as downloaded....click on that and install from there, then look in your application tray.
Be sure before you do this to enable, "Unknown sources" ...menu/settings/applications/Unknown sources.......

Edit: hope that works because, just short of a reset, I'm not sure

Upvote 0
Cancel that, I tried it agian and it looks like I got it installed. When I start the Play app it forces close saying there is an error. I'm trying to restart and see if that fixes it. Will edit this post to let you know.

Edit: Looks like it's working!! Thanks for all the help, you da man!!!
Nice!!! First thing to get is a file browser in case it happens again!
Astro, ESFile explorer, to name a few..
Glad to see you got it!;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones