Play Store Auto Install Apps?

1. defected

defected Active Member

I had to wipe my phone recently, (well, EE did it for me.)

When I got the phone back I logged into the account hoping it'd automatically install all my apps I had before.

A few of them downloaded immediately, but the rest aren't downloading automatically, and it looks like I'm going to have to do them one-by-one but I was hoping there's an alternative I'm missing!

If I go to 'My Apps' under 'Installed' is everything that it got automatically, now I'm also seeing an 'All' tab which has everything else I want to install. I have a LOT which is why I'd prefer to not do it manually if there's an alternative? :(

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Without a backup there isn't an automatic way. An easier way is to log into play from your computer, click the My Android Apps link and you can push them to your phone from there. That's quicker than one at a time on your phone.
    alicepattinson and defected like this.
  3. defected

defected Active Member

Thanks for the help, rather infuriating though! :(

So if I was to make a backup then I could prevent this happening again in future?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

It "should" technically keep track of every app you've ever installed. The re-install can be temperamental though.

Astro has a backup feature and there's also a new app on Play called Carbon which will backup your apps and data without root.
    alicepattinson and Unforgiven like this.