• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play Store country restrictions - Workaround ?

holycrail

Lurker
May 3, 2013
Hi,

First time poster here!

I'd like to know the best way to avoid the geographic restrictions in place when using the play store.

I live in Sweden, but have been trying to download a few UK only banking applications and have been unable to side load any APK's. I'm using an HTC One X that is unrooted and I have tried using Tunnelbear VPN for a connection to a UK server, forced stop and cleared data/cache from the play store and re-launched but still this will not work. I have even recently been in the UK and tried downloading the apps on a wireless connection there but I am still told that the apps are "not available in your country". I have even removed my SIM card whilst doing so but still nothing.

I've done everything I can possibly think of without rooting my device and using MarketEnabler, but my understanding is that is only for US carriers anyway?

Is there any way to solve this issue, am I doing something wrong ? :mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones