• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play Store Mexico USA

elprime

Lurker
Nov 7, 2012
Hi my name is Miguel, I just purchased a Samsung Tab2 7.0 in the US.

Background. I go back and forth from Mexico to the US very often. I have an iPhone 4 and have iTunes accounts from both countries i buy iTunes cards when ever i need in each denomination, and have both Mexican and us credit cards. Bought the Samsung tablet to have a feel for Android and compare it cus i am about to change my phone and i have not decided yet.
The choices are iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3 (reason for getting tablet) When configured the tablet i was in Mexico but put the info of a us credit card and when i go to Samsung app store i cant buy anything or even download free apps cus it say the following message. And the apps that i can buy from Play store come in mexican pesos and i want to buy us apps.

"Error

The country information for your account does not match the country information for this store.

-Store Country:
-Account Country: United States

To continue using Samsung Apps, sing in using an account with the same country information as the store"

This are my questions.

1. Can i open accounts in both countries?
  2. How do i do it?
  3. Is there something like the iTunes store where i can buy music?
  4. The music hub does not work it says "Samsung music hub is not supported in this country" i thinks it has something to do with it
Thanks in advance for your help
MB

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones