Play Store (previously aka Market) UpdatedSupport

1. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I just noticed a new version - Build 3.3.11. Let see if the phone keeps deleting apps moved to the media partition.

Advertisement
    :
    drexappeal likes this.
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

I had that happen once before the latest update, twice if you count my previous phone.
    With a week of the latest update installed, I've had ZERO glitches or apps automagically disappearing.
  3. dixie_boysles

dixie_boysles Well-Known Member

I manually added the update on my Electrify and it seems to run better and update apps like it is supposed to
  4. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member

how do you update manually? My market says build version 3.1.5 but there's no option to update.
  5. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Mine just updated on it's own.
  6. KOLIO

See PHANDROID NEWS 11-1-11 for the link.
    mted558 likes this.
  7. KOLIO

No sooner than I posted no problems with the latest ANDROID MARKET UPDATE, an AMAZON ANDROID APPSTORE app that I had on my phone for approximately one week quasi-disappeared.
    The app appeared to vanish from my phone but when I went to the AMAZON ANDROID APPSTORE APP,it was in my inventory, but, when I pressed the OPEN button, nothing happened.
    I resolved this by clearing the CACHE & DATA from the AMAZON ANDROID APPSTORE APP.
    After signing back in to my AMAZON ACCOUNT, I re-downloaded the missing app.
    Here's where it gets weird.When prompted to install the app,it came w/the same message as if I were updating an app that was installed, yet,the app was nowhere to be found.What was even stranger was that all previous data from the missing app was 100% restored.VERY STRANGE, BUT TRUE............
  8. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

So strange because I thought the issue of apps randomly being removed from my phone was gone, until the other day when I went to check through appbrain. That's usually my fail safe because I have a secondary backup list on Appbrain that I back up every week. When I check that list through my phone, if there are apps that say "install" on that list, that means that if I didn't uninstall, they some how got uninstalled from my phone based on their being on the SD partition.

We'll see if the market update cures this issue.
    KOLIO likes this.
  9. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Yeah I use appbrain for the same reason. If you check the timeline feature you can actually see what apps have been deleted and when.
    Citizen Coyote and drexappeal like this.
  10. drexappeal

Thanks, edlex...LOL...You know, when they updated appbrain to have that function, I couldn't really figure out what the heck the purpose was for. Now I know...hahahahaha.
  11. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

I may have to start using AppBrain for this reason alone. The automagic deletes were driving me nuts, although I haven't had it happen since I stopped moving things to the media area/SD card.
  12. Yhe new market sucks
  13. KOLIO

Has anyone received this MARKET UPDATE (3.4.4) yet? The link is available @ PHANDROID NEWS 12-14-2011.

I'm still on 3.3.11 & never received 3.3.12

Got a perhaps silly/stupid question to ask:

Would side-loading an ANDROID MARKET update somehow interfere w/possible future MOTOROLA software updates(causing them to not be installed)?
  14. KOLIO

Just received the ANDROID MARKET update to version 3.4.4

Looks the same as the previous update,however,it does seem quite a bit faster to load up & searches are lightning quick.
    Me likes it a lot,very nice.
  15. drexappeal

I wonder how this pushes to the phone. Last time my market was updated, I didn't even realize the update pushed until I opened up the market.
  16. KOLIO

I believe this latest version was pushed while I was actually using the market app @ the time.While downloading a GOOGLE + update,among other app updates,the screen went black momentarily,except for the status bar,& was unresponsive.
    I clicked the HOME button,returned to MARKET,checked the settings,& noticed the latest 3.4.4 version was now installed.
    drexappeal likes this.
  17. drexappeal

LOL...I was trying to just continue browsing through the market so the update would push yesterday, but it didn't happen.

Then, I was updating an app tonight and it errored. That's when I noticed the market updated and it has a slightly changed look (not drastic, but enough that I notice a difference). And the speed is day and night without a doubt. Whatever they did is great.
  18. KOLIO

Just received an update to the GOOGLE PLAY STORE this afternoon, now on version 3.5.19.

Nothing noticeably different,appearance wise.

Guess we'll wait for the official announcement from GOOGLE as to the nature of the update.
    drexappeal likes this.
  19. KOLIO

Just received an update for the GOOGLE PLAY STORE to version 3.7.15.

Once again, nothing noticeably different @ 1st glance, will wait for the word from GOOGLE as to what is in this latest update.
    Citizen Coyote likes this.
  20. drexappeal

Interesting. Mine was already updated to that and I didn't even notice when it updated...LOL.
  21. KOLIO

I happened to be using my phone @ the time & saw LOOKOUT scanning the update when it was pushed through. Otherwise, I'd never noticed anything different.
  22. KOLIO

Now on version 3.8.15,nothing noticaebly different @ the moment.
  23. drexappeal

24. KOLIO

25. drexappeal

Weird. My play store hasn't updated yet. It's always so random how that update gets pushed.