Play Store updates stop on screen lockSupport

1. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

Why does it, or can I change something so that when I go to update apps in the Play store the downloads won't stop when my screen locks? I have to keep touching the screen until all downloads are installed otherwise they simply stop. I then have to stop them and restart them while keeping the screen active.

In wi-fi settings, Advanced it's currently set to "Keep wi-fi on during sleep-ALWAYS".

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

This isn't happening to anyone else?

My screen timeout is set to 30 seconds. If I have more than one apps needing updates once a download starts and the screen timeout locks the screen all downloads stop. When I unlock the screen they're all just sitting three trying to download but not. I have to "stop" the downloads and restart them, keeping the screen active the entire time otherwise they'll stop again.
  3. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

Same here, I just bump my screen timeout to 2 min, bring my phone next to the router and let it do its thing. Didn't do it when I factory reset it, but it eventually came back.
  4. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

You're not alone in this. I have to bump up my screen timeout every time I have updates to download. Just another GN quirk we've all come to know and love!
  5. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I have never had this issue. I have had my Nexus since a week after it came out out and have never seen this when I was on ICS or now on JB. Right now I am running BB 2012-07-19 build and I have run just about every flavor of ICS ROM, maybe not build #.