Play store won't work! (cm10 nightly)

1. jbeard91

jbeard91 Member

I just flashed the latest cm10 nightly to my galaxy s2 through goomanager. Everything is working great besides my play store. The play store only opens for a split second. How do I fix this? I'm new to installing ROMS so if you can try to explain it in a simple way.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Did you perform a factory reset upon installation, and you might just want to try and reinstall the Google Apps APK
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi jbeard. I'll move this to the all things root forum for you.

Like Digital Controller said, it sounds like a Google Apps (Gapps) problem. I would suggest reading through the sticky Root & ROM the SGH-T989. In the 2nd post are links for Gapps. Since you are on CM10, you will need to flash the one for Jellybean.
  4. jbeard91

jbeard91 Member

5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

jbeard, download Gapps for Jellybean roms here. Move or copy it to your phone. Go to your recovery menu. Select install zip from sd card, then select choose zip from sd card. Select the gapps file you downloaded and install it. Reboot.

I recommend reading through the Root & ROM Guide. It will help you with flashing roms in the future and has info about Gapps.
  6. SoCalPina

SoCalPina Member

Happened to me.. I opened up titanium and erased all data from Play Store and restored an older version of it and it worked again for me.