Play videos on phone from DLNA server?Support

Last Updated:

1. jmstark512

jmstark512 Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone figured out what the magical combination is to make videos actually play on the phone from a DLNA server? I have tried Tversity and a few others changing all the settings around to find a combination that would work. Most of the settings I tried should have worked based on the formats supported on the X matching the transcode settings I had on Tversity but no luck.

Anyone find a way to play videos from a PC without copying them to the SD card?

Advertisement
  2. jmstark512

Am i really the only person who can't get this to work?

3. halo0

halo0 Well-Known Member

So we need to install a server program for it to work? Isn't win 7 dlna compliant out of the box? I tried to set it up on the phone but had no idea how to make it work from the PC.

4. je2345

je2345 Member

mine worked right away...soon as i connected to my wifi network i was controlling my media on my Sony VAIO laptop and making it either play on my Droid X or on my Internet connected Sony Bravia LED TV. It quickly found all my music, pictures, and Videos. Greatest feature in the world especially with having the Internet TV.

5. jmstark512

Win 7 is dlna compliant but doesn't do transcoding as far as i know. That is why i tried tversitysince it can transcode into video formats that the phone natively supports. I can see the videos listed both ways but when i try to play them it gives an error message.

I guess the good news is that i am not the only one who can't figure it out. :)

6. jmstark512

Interesting. On your Vaio are you running Windows Media Player or some other DLNA server?

7. prae.

prae. New Member

I'm also able to view my files using DLNA, and have thus far been able to transfer music to my phone, but I can't stream .avi files. I thought the DX was able to play .avi?

8. Cheeba

Cheeba Member

I thought they had to be mp4? I have also transfered music files to the phone via dlna, (this phone is awesome!) when doing this, are they saved to the phone or sd card? No option was given.

9. beachboy72

beachboy72 New Member

Im getting my first Android phone soon, thought android was the solution for this, hope i wasnt wrong.

I THINK.....i have seen somewhere thats its possible to stream from VLC to a phone, but that means if i want to see something else, i have to get up from bed/go home and go to the computer.

An "local" Welcome - Orb would make it possible to have higher bitrate i think, and optimize the movies perfektly to the phones resolution.

Need help too...