• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play while you learn

True. My daughter got a smartphone at age 13 and we can't figure out how to pull her nose out of it. I can't imagine what it would do to a toddler.

On the other hand, my daugher's smartphone is hers. The toddler would only be given the phone during brief periods managed by an adult. Maybe it was the sudden transition from no smart-phone to 24-hour smartphone that was bad. Maybe a child exposed in controlled fashion to these technologies will better cope when it eventually and inevitably does get complete access to a smartphone.

There is certainly a lot of potential. That young toddler mind has amazing capabilities. Wouldn't it be nice to better feed its voracious appetite for learning.

A tough question.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones