Play your emulators with your Wiimote

Last Updated:

1. |mpulse

|mpulse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

[APP] WiimoteController 0.2 Alpha [may-8-2010] UPDATED ON MARKET! - xda-developers

Good times! :)

I just finished installing and setting it up and it works like a champ! Please note that if you search for "wii" in the Market a couple of apps come up, you want the "Wiimote Controller 0.2 Alpha" and not Ryan Frawley's app, I've tried both and the Wiimote Controller is free and worked right away versus Ryan's which was a paid for app and I couldn't get it going - I tried supporting him though!

This thing works incredibly well for an Alpha - I'm very impressed!

Also, for anyone that's wondering, it works fine if you have Cyan, but doesn't work if you have Sense.

Advertisement
    ap3604 likes this.
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I installed it and got it connected. I then started Snesoid and mapped the keys OK. When I then go into a game though I cannot get the phone to respond to the wiimote.

Any ideas?

3. EskimoPie

EskimoPie Member

Go into settings and hit the "use input method" checkbox... you'll be up and running then. I've been playing SNES roms all day, this is super cool.

MartinS likes this.
  4. MartinS

Thank you! I missed that.

By the way this app is amazing. All of the games on NESoid/SNESoid which were unplayable are now great fun on the N1.

I'm now imagining this on a good Android tablet with 2.1/2.2 when it comes..!

5. |mpulse

|mpulse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No problem! I think we (as a community) really need to do a better job informing one another, it's seriously disappointing that something like this break on Engadget way before it gets posted on here... :(

Ooohhh.... Good call! My first thought was: "Up until now I thought the HDMI output was gimmicky, suddenly I'd kill for it!":cool:

Anyway, I travel a ton for work (trains/planes) so it's going to be pretty funny having to pack my Wiimote with me for each trip out!:D

6. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

just wish it worked on my incredible. id be in heaven!! damn you sense ui

7. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Isn't there a way to disable the Sense UI to just have stock android so you could use it?

Gotta say I would find a way some how! The difference in my N1 experience has changed dramatically now that I can play real games :)

8. MartinS

Does the Wii classic controller work? Can't find mine...

9. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Yeah mine does... do you mean you cant find it, bluetooth wise, with the wiimote app?

MartinS likes this.
  10. MartinS

No, I physically can't find the pad... Will have a better look for it now I know it will work!

11. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Hey MartinS, sorry I have never played on a wii before so when I saw the term "classic controller" I thought you meant the wiimote everyone uses. I looked it up and saw what you were talking about: the pad that plugs into the wiimote.

Sorry but I don't know if that one works or not... I only use the basic wiimote sideways as a regular NES style controller.

12. MartinS

OK, thanks AP, that's what I do at the moment. I thought the pad would be great for games like Mario Kart etc as it has the shoulder buttons. Not that it's ideal to carry the N1, Wiimote and another controller anywhere with you though.

ap3604 likes this.
  13. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

14. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Oh dear goodness...that would be a lot to carry for a gaming experience >_>; I'd just rather carry a Nintendo DS if that was the case.