PlayBook users?General

Last Updated: 2011-07-02 13:52:47
  1. KeNNEthX

KeNNEthX New Member

Since you guys created a PlayBook forum and since it will be able to play Android apps, I have to ask...does anyone else have PB? I am the smartphone (and tablet) guy at my office so I have a BlackBerry , Droid X, PlayBook and soon an iPad 2 (I know, I know). Hopefully they can get me a Xoom too. So far I love the PB...I look forward to safely running Android Apps on it.

Advertisement
  2. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Well-Known Member

I tried one out at Best Buy last week. I had to ask for it at the cell phone section. They had the accessories out but no display and had to go through a cabinet to find it.

The hardware feels REALLY nice. Great size, solid feel. If I had a compatible Blackberry phone for business I'd probably consider it a no-brainer for work.

However, it's got too many shortcomings right now, especially since there is going to be an extra layer between the Playbook and the Android market. Items are going to have to be submitted to BB to be put in their own app store for access. If you could just go directly to the Android Market (or side load any app) it would be fantastic.
  3. Trekk

Trekk Well-Known Member

I own one just purchased it today. It was definitely rushed can't do much with it, I will be returning it and give it some time maybe in 6 month it will be worth purchasing. At the moment it is a waste no native email client no native bbm no apps.
  4. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member

I had one for about 2 days. It's a $500 web browser. After the next update it'll be a $500 web browser that will have email and a calender.

The UI was decent, but not impressive enough to keep. I exchanged it for the HTC Flyer today.
  5. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Well-Known Member

Bought the Flyer yesterday as well.
  6. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member

I can't put the Flyer down. It's a great device.
  7. bengrendon

bengrendon Active Member

I have got one as well as a Eee Pad Transformer but i am not sure which one to keep would love to see what is going to happen with Android apps coming to PB but i am also not sure if I should ditch both and go back to iPad 2 as i have the previous investment in that platform from previous device's
  8. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in the PB since my main phone is a BB now and would be nice to bridge with, but waiting on the Android Player so I can install Android apps to it. The Asus Transformer is the other tablet I'm interested in.