• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PlayBooks / Kindle Books on SD Card?

Bob253

May 29, 2010
London
Hi Folks,
Have a non rooted 10.1.

I know that I can't move Apps to the SD, however can I move downloaded books from the Play Store or Kindle onto the SD card.

I have 6 books from the Play Store, they show up in the Play Books App and work OK - no Kindle books yet.

I have searched for the book files without success, connected via USB to my Mac as well, still no book files.
I'm down to about 6GB free on the internal memory and as I will be buying more books would like to move them onto the SD if possible.

Many thanks for any info.

Many thanks will have a look.
I think the Play books should have downloaded somewhere because they show up when I am off line, but no idea where they are.
Have used ESFile Explorer as well.

I think google hides them, it was that way with the music I downloaded. I had to go to google on my pc, open play and the select my music, I was then able to create and download a zip file to my pc so that I could transfer it to my phone(because google music & books will not open via any other players/readers in my experience) I haven't purchased a book via play but I'm assuming that it's the same way they treat music.

just did the research, yes you go to google.com on your pc/mac. then go to my books. Click on the book you want to download, to the right of your screen you will see tabs at the top, click the "how to read" tab scroll to the bottom and it will give the option of ebub(if available) or pdf. Then you will be able to put it back on your device for reading on any other device.

Reactions: Bob253
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones