Played With The N1...I Get Mine Monday!!!

Last Updated:

1. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I used to work at Google so since I'm an ex-employee I can babble as much as I want haha. Anyways, everyone at Google got them as gifts for x-mas last week on the 15th. I was super shocked when a friend pulled it out of his pocket.

I have the UK Hero (with updated rom) and the 3GS, and I'll have to say that the N1 performed a bit faster. It has an updated graphics card and you could tell. Things as simple as the icons looked so much crisper then my Hero. The UI moved VERY quick when jumping from app to app, and page to page. It was probably a hair thinner then the iphone, but I wasn't 100% sold on the buttons on the phone. The first thing that came to mind when I saw it was, The Eris. Very very similar in look and feel. It felt heavier then my Hero, but I don't recall if it was heavier then the iphone. The back had a rubbery feel, that really made the phone stick nicely to your hand.

The background to me was a little annoying, because you see these digital multi-colored lines animate left, right, up and down. I'll definitely change this when I get mine.

Apparantly some friends had it on ATT and some had theirs on T-Mobile. I don't recall if they both were running 3G.

Lastly....I'll have mine on Monday. Can't say how, but I'll make sure I stop back in here and post pics, video, and comments.

Advertisement
  2. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

sounds awesome! did you/your friends hear anything about a possible US release date?

3. 3rd-Geer

No news on release date....I wish I knew.

4. beboo

beboo Member

I played with it too today, loved it. Fast...its so much faster than I expected, no slowdown much. Market was much better too, not sure if this was down to 2.1 or not.

Camera software booted up instantly, took a pic with a couple of seconds of wanting to.

Shame to be stuck with the Galaxy now, especially as its still on 1.5.

5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i want to see pics or i call.......

6. beboo

beboo Member

I had to give it back. More excited about the hardware...shame its a bane to get to the sd card though.

7. uf15

uf15 Member

The Android UI doesn't use the GPU, it is all the CPU, which is faster because of the 1ghz Snapdragon. The icons look crisper because the screen resolution is much higher.

8. Neucleotide

Neucleotide Member

@3rd-Geer Have you got any insider info on the rumours about availability on Jan 5th? Is it by invitation only or can I bag one quick? :D

9. 3rd-Geer

No info on invite or release dates at all. All of my friends there don't know anything other then the fact that they all got theirs a week ago. Beyond that, everyones pretty much in the dark.

Monday when I get mine I plan to start a new string and post some pics, video, etc.

10. mcbtrain929

do all your friends just have "this" phone, or have you heard/seen any other different phones floating around amongst them?

11. 3rd-Geer

Just this phone....everyone in Google got them as gifts for the holidays. All of them are the same ones...the one that you see in posts all over the internet.

12. mcbtrain929

got'cha. that's what i figured, but it doesn't hurt to ask. thanks again for your honesty and openness (is that a word?).

13. evilbeef54

evilbeef54 Well-Known Member

played with one today, it was nice, free mem bout the same as the moment, 29m, pandora works flawless, didnt find any issues nolag or hesitation even with an anamated wallpaper, thin and very light

14. kidphat

kidphat New Member

What I would like to know is whether the N1 comes with earphones. thenexusone website had one picture with earphones.

15. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

I think "earphones" is a rather generous description of what was shown in the pic. With all the questions floating around about this phone, you want to know if it comes with a $5 pair of crappy earbuds?
    If I recall, the earbuds were still wrapped up their out-of-the-package form, so it's probably safe to say this ground-breaking feature will be included. :rolleyes:

16. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

I also noticed the high quality phone "sleeve". better than nothing i guess.

17. mcbtrain929

lmao, seriously.

18. kidphat

kidphat New Member

Lol, for your information, I have gotten enough information on the phone to make an informed decision. I asked about the earphones because I haven't heard anything about it since the picture. -_-"

19. 3rd-Geer

Got it a few minutes ago....I'll be figuring out where to post the pics without having to post to my personal servers.....then I'll post a new thred in here.