1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Player with good 'shuffle' feature?

Last Updated:

1. aldredd

aldredd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why is the shuffle / random feature so naff?

I've got about 500 tracks on my phone / playlist, but it seems to want to stick to the same ones - rarely straying off into the wider list.

I seem to recall having the same problems with some computer software some years ago - it's as though when it's looking for the next random track, it only goes up / down 50 tracks, so it's staying within the same area.

Anyone else have similar problems? Know a good alternative (which has the lockscreen integration - I like this!)

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The music player is naff, full stop. get mixzing or cubed from the market.

3. shaunydub

shaunydub Well-Known Member

I have this issue too...it only shows the 1st 100 tracks initially so you have to go into the player proper instead of the widget and choose all tracks and then it works.
    Annoying yes.

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

does this with me with the full player. i like the player more than 3rd part ones though so i dont want to move from it

5. rod9669

rod9669 Well-Known Member

Mine used to only remember 100 songs from my playlist after it had been switched off - this is now rectified since I updated to froyo

6. aldredd

aldredd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The other thing I've noticed that is better since fro-yo - volume control.
    before, the lowest volume setting was too loud, but the next click down was mute. This is much better now

I will give mixzing a go - but couldn't find cubed on the market!

7. noodles317

noodles317 Active Member

I have just got Musicplayer pro, it cost me a couple of quid but well worth it.

I haven't had it repeat on me and it played an entire playlist of around 200 - 400 songs without repeating any of the same tracks so i am well pleased with it.

I had MixZing before i had Froyo and after Froyo it stopped working properly so i binned it but if you wanna try cubed search for 3 on the market and it should show up.

8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Moved to Android Apps section to see idf you get more suggestions for good players, updated title. OP any questions or disagreements with the move feel free to PM me or danfrance. And remember you will always be able to find moved posts/threads using your 'find all posts' button and going to your User CP :)