Playing 1080P MP4 Files on my SF...Support

Last Updated:

1. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a couple of MP4 files which I have transfered over to my SF... these are 1080P Blue Ray movies that have been converted. The audio is in AAC {48000HZ@6ch} and the video is in H264 {1920*1080@3944KBPS} formats. I have tried several different players (Stock Fascinate, DIVX & RockPlayer) but none of them seem to work. The video will not appear at all on the stock SF player. For the DIVX and RP players, the video will show up but is extremely choppy and looks like the movie is playing in slow motion. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these to play properly... is it possible?

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I wonder if its your sd card's transfer rate. I think we all just got the class 2 versions which normally would be fine for things up to and even including the 720p video. However, since 1080p is more than double even that I have to wonder if your/our sd card just isnt "quick" enough. Further and this goes without saying considering our screens are only 800x480. On a semi related note. There are some 720p videos out there I DL'd several and they are terrific no lag there. 1080p might just be too much.
    Having said all that Im not sure buying a class 4 or class 6 sdcard will be a cure all though I have to think the hummingbird and gpu are capable enough

3. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It appears it is the file size of my movies. I just downloaded a free program called HandBrake. It worked well at converting the large MP4 video to a small MP4 video and it looks great on the phone. The problem now lies in the fact that the audio is still off. I'm trying a few different things with the software to see if I can get the audio to work. Has anyone else used HB before... any suggestions?

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah Handbrake is truly a great product. I have never used it do convert a BluRay or anything else 1080p. I wasn't aware it had that as an option. Im think it reduced your resolution by quite a bit? As for your audio issues, I've never had my audio not be there. Converted dozens of dvd's and what not and ever lost anything ever. Its even good for converting things which have multi language and / or subtitles