1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Playing html and swf files offlineSupport

1. ctrl

ctrl New Member

First post here :)
    Question is there a way to play html and swf files offline? I have succesfully updated my SGS to Froyo and flash works okay, but I would like to play html / swf files while not connected to the internet. When I point my browser to local file, say file://sdcard/game.swf I get a message file not found. Anyone know a way how to do this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Use a file explorer app instead and click on the swf file. An option should come up for you to open it using flash.
  3. NOV

NOV New Member

Bump! Also looking for a solution here. Downloading an explorer app wont let me open .swf files. Using Galaxy tab btw.
  4. bu995

bu995 Member

Same here (SGS) - won't work....
  5. snapper.fishes

Ah. I see. Looks like you need flash lite instead of flash 10.1 to do this. Let's see if I can get my hands on a flash lite apk file.

edit: Dropped both flash and flashplugin apk files into system/app using root explorer. No luck... Getting force close on the flash process.
  6. ctrl

ctrl New Member

Seems that the new Opera Mobile Android browser (beta available today) can save pages for offline browsing, but unfortunately it doesn't to seem to run Flash... Lets hope the final version will be flash enabled.

Anyone else who knows a trick to play html/ swf files on the SGS let us know. A standalone flash player would probably a great app.
  7. ctrl

ctrl New Member

Bump! Is there anyone who has an answer to this question? Or is it just not possible.
  8. cleanermonkey

cleanermonkey Well-Known Member

9. vancraft

vancraft New Member

SWF Player works great for what we needed. Now we can extract the .SWF file from our favorite game websites and open them via SWF Player.

Its kind of like JAR Midlets files on a cheap cellphone.
  10. snapper.fishes

11. francyfranct

francyfranct New Member