• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Playing internet radio through car speakers?? Need help!

I have a Droid X2 and was wondering if there was any way to play internet radio through a car radio thru usb. I know about the blutooth but would rather play it thru usb. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!
Not sure about doing this through USB. I have never heard of that done with the X2. The headphone jack works well. I use it for playing my music on my phone. And the best part is when I get a call. It pauses my music and takes the call through the speakers. When the call is done. It hangs up and resumes my music where it left off.

Upvote 0
Not sure about doing this through USB. I have never heard of that done with the X2. The headphone jack works well. I use it for playing my music on my phone. And the best part is when I get a call. It pauses my music and takes the call through the speakers. When the call is done. It hangs up and resumes my music where it left off.

And the sound quality this way is great

Upvote 0
Im guessing here, but it sounds like the OP doesnt have a AUX port on their car radio (older cars dont). Thus cant use the headphone jack?

But if im wrong, and you do OP, all you need is a $2 wire to go from headphone jack of phone to the AUX port on your car radio.

I kind of assumed if the radio was new enough to have Blutooth and a USB port, then it most likely has an AUX port as well

Upvote 0
No I do not have a AUX port on my car radio. Ordered a FM transmitter that plays and charges the X2. No other option other than buying a new head unit for my car.
I know you said no bluetooth, but I have to add that I use a Motorola bluetooth device that also transmits to FM so that I have a wireless setup.

Like arparaspolo, when I get an incoming call, the music pauses and I hace the bluetooth mic and car speakers for the call. This works well as the phone's speaker doesn't work very well for me when trying to hear the caller over basic road noise!

Upvote 0
Jabra Cruiser. Flawless bluetooth transmission. to FM. If you're in a city it may be harder to find an empty FM frequency though. There may even be better ones now. I've been using mine for about a year. Once you set it up, it connects very fast. Also put the frequency on one of your memory buttons on the radio and it works fast.

Upvote 0
Just my opinion, but I have tried the fm transmitter option and playing thru the tape deck. Both options are not good enough. The tape is better. Forget fm transmitted adapters unless they go between the head unit and antenna. For 125.00 I bought the Sony bmt 2800 nluetooth radio.... It also has a 3.5mm headset jack... Best money I spent.

Upvote 0
I have a Droid X2 and was wondering if there was any way to play internet radio through a car radio thru usb. I know about the blutooth but would rather play it thru usb. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

I play mine through my car speakers every day. What works the best for me is to use a product that plugs into your auxiliary power supply (cigarette lighter) and uses your cars FM radio. It finds a station that isn't being used and you simply tune your car radio to the station the adapter tells you to and it plays through your car stereo flawlessly.

It plugs into your phone through the headphones jack. It costs about 40-50 dollars but like I said, it works flawlessly.

A cheaper way to do the same thing is if your car stereo still has a cassette player in it, you can buy an adapter that simply looks like a cassette and you just insert the cassette into your car stereo and it also plugs into your headphones jack on your phone. This also works well enough.

If your car stereo is newer, it should have an auxiliary 3.5mm input in the stereo. You just plug on end of an aux. cord into your headphone input on your phone, and the other end into the 3.5 mm input in your car stereo and it plays through your car stereo. This is probably the best (audio quality wise) way to play it through your car stereo.

Upvote 0
If you have a tape deck you could use that.

I've been using the tape deck method for years and I have to say I love it. Sound quality is excellent and although I had heard the tapes don't hold up that well I've used mine every day for 3 years or so and haven't had an issue. I tried FM transmitters and my experience was poor. Would highly recommend using the tape deck if that is an option. The tapes are cheap and you can find them at Walmart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones