Playing Keynote presentations on Android???

1. tecgeek430

tecgeek430 Member

Hey Guys,

Background:
    I have a company sales presentation used in the field currently on laptops. The presentation was created in Apple Keynote because of the better graphics capabilities of Keynote vs PowerPoint. Most of the time the sales reps do not have access to the internet in the field on their tablets or laptops. I exported the keynote into a .mov with manual advance play so it could be played in Quicktime on Window Laptops.

Problem:
    Now many reps are getting android tablets such as Galaxy 10.1 and want to use the presentation on the tablet. Every player I download in the market will not stop for the manual advance but simply plays continually through the file. Any ideas for a better player or format?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

It seems easiest to export your keynote as a series of images and then play that with a slideshow app which permits manual switching of slides.
  3. pm_phone

pm_phone Well-Known Member

Since you're using a tablet, you don't have the better graphics that you get in Keynote.

Why not convert to power point for use on the tablets?
  4. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

There are more opportunities for little changes to crop up if you use powerpoint. But you will probably need to test both options.
  5. niuzeus

niuzeus Member

tecgeek430- did you ever find a solution for this? I am in the EXACT same position as you...... Need help ASAP!
  6. niuzeus

niuzeus Member

I need a keynote presentation saved as a .mov file to play back as an actual presentation on an android tablet.

Same situation as tecgeek430.
  7. sivadivya

sivadivya New Member

Can anyone suggest me as how you can play keynote presentation on android tablets?? I exported it to quicktime movie but couldnt use manual transition option.. please help
  8. Why not export the Keynote presentation as PowerPoint?
  9. comahead

comahead New Member

simple solution. download MOBO player for Android. Plays many file types. Will play
    .mov files exported out of keynote. Also has pause option. Works well.
  10. teacherhax

teacherhax New Member

Hi All--
    I have lots of experience with this, and the best way I know is to export your Keynote presentations as PDF. There's less likelihood of incompatibility than PowerPoint and it's cleaner than shuffling through a series of images.