Playing movies with the HDMI outSupport

Last Updated:

1. twoj's

twoj's New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, I've been a member for a little while, but until now I've been able to just search and find answers to my questions. However, for this issue I can't seem to find anything.

I bought a micro HDMI cable, and it works great when I play videos that I have recorded. However, I am not able to play movies and TV shows that I download and play with Rock Player. I've tried a bunch of file formats, and I haven't been able to play any of my own videos without Rock Player. That doesn't really matter to me as it still works fine. But, I would like to be able to plug in the HDMI cable and play a movie on a TV, but when I try, it just plays on the phone screen.

So has anyone been able to play their own movies on a TV with the HDMI? Can anyone provide some input here?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

hrmmm...maybe someone else will chime in. it was my understanding that hdmi out only worked on videos played through the stock player or photos from the gallery...or youtube

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yep, The HDMI output only works with certain things, and Rock Player is not one of them. It will work if you view the videos in the stock video player. If you cant play them in the stock player, then they are the wrong format. They need to be mp4 container, h264 baseline codec. Do a search for Handbrake, theres a thread about 6 pages long with all the info you need on how to do it.

4. twoj's

twoj's New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. I remember reading that thread on Handbrake a while ago, and had no success getting it to work. Every time I tried, it would stop responding half way through. Instead of reinstalling it and trying again, I gave up and started using rock player to watch my unconverted files. That was fine for watching on the phone, but not with my situation now.

I'll give it another try with a fresh install.

Thanks again.