Playing Movies

Last Updated:

1. 2acclaim

2acclaim Well-Known Member

took a few movies that i converted and put on my Nook since I had to fly over the weekend.

Movies encoded fine, play fine but the sound is too low(especially on an airplane to hear).

When in a hotel room I can watch Netflix just fine with the earbuds and hear everything.

Not sure if has something to do with the way I encoded(I have several movies on it now) or the output of the jack isn't it greatest?

Used handbrake to compress to play on the Nook.

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

stinger608 and d3310n like this.
  3. 2acclaim

that worked quite well. Now I just need a few hours of downtime to watch the movie. It works good in a quiet environment, just not so good on a plane. Volume control will help alot.
  4. colchiro

Just don't go any higher than you need to.
  5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Noise cancelling headphones, while not cheap, are great if you're a frequent-ish flyer. My wife and I use Sony brand and like them.
  6. colchiro

Got a model number? :D
  7. colchiro

$32 online, $100 local. :D
  8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I'm just guessing that you're willing to wait a few days for them to ship, in order to save $68...
    :)
  9. colchiro

I've got a cheaper Sony headset I use to watch TV on the treadmill. I was wondering how yours compared to mine. (Yours is much nicer. :D)
  10. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

Id invest in some rx700s instead but meh, to each their own.
  11. colchiro

I'd like a set of wireless RF noise-cancelling headphones from Santa. :D
  12. 2acclaim

I'd like a CM7 touchpad from santa, but I'll settle for a CM7 Nook tablet.
  13. colchiro

How about, "I'd like a CM7 Touchpad AND a CM7 Nook tablet from Santa"?
  14. 2acclaim

well now that i'd traveled with the Nook a few times i have to admit it's nice having the 7" and being able to put it in my front pant pocket. Wouldn't be able to do that with a 10".

Wanting both is just plain greedy :)
  15. colchiro

Since I don't own a 7" any more, I'm starting to travel with the 10". The guy in the cube next to me at work, carries his iPad2 with him everywhere. He has an app on it for a 2nd job which he might need to support and he's started reading books on it in his car :D during breaks.

I'm just suggesting to ask for two and your likelihood of getting one increases.
  16. 2acclaim

well I'm searching for a touchpad(32g) but people that stocked up are hoping for a quick payday. I can't bring my cheapass to give them more than 50 for what they paid for it.
  17. colchiro

If you wait long enough you should be able to find a used one. I get tired of the search after a while.

You could bid on one on fleeBay. :D
  18. 2acclaim

if I was without I'd be more pressed. Since it's more of a want than a need, I've got plenty of time.

Most of my recent time has been spent looking for a new handgun. We recently passed the concealed carry and I've been looking for something new to add to the arsenal.

Narrowed down to a taurus Raging Judge magnum or a glock 36.
  19. colchiro

Guns or toys, that's a hard choice. :D
  20. gsutton

gsutton Active Member

Go Judge. Well made and no plastic.
  21. 2acclaim

Harder than you'd expect it to be.
  22. klouud

klouud Well-Known Member

I use skull candy's 50/50 earbuds for studying in the school library - work like a charm and sound great.

$50
  23. 2acclaim

that reminds me, I've got a set of skull candy full metal jackets that I got from the coke rewards program a few years ago.

Supposed to be really good buds, just need to remember where i put them.
  24. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

I love Skull Candy. Great quality for the prices.