Playing MP3 files on the Nexus S?Support

1. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Hey all! Technical issue here. I copied all of my mp3 files from my EVO to my sister's NS. I keep all of my mp3 files in a folder called "amazonmp3", which is further subdivided into folders containing albums from various artists.

I transferred the entire "amazonmp3" folder to the NS' USB storage, and they were visible (and playable) in AndroZip. But, when I tried to play the files through the standard music player, none of the music showed up. So my question is, how do I get mp3 files to populate the stock Music player of the NS? Should I make a new folder? Should I move the mp3 files to an existing folder (maybe "DCIM")? Or should I just leave the mp3 files naked (with no folders) on the "sdcard" of the NS?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hmm... that's strange.

Silly question but are you administrator or root in Ubuntu or Windows dude?

Are the tracks DRM by any chance buddy?

Hmm maybe try rebooting or just turn off to clear RAM...

Wow this 1 is strange
    Essex likes this.
  3. DEng66

DEng66 Well-Known Member

Not sure exactly how it all works but I just created a folder on the "sdcard" called Music and in that I put a folder for each artist that contained a folder for each album that contained the mp3 files. So: sdcard-->Music-->artist-->album-->songs
    Essex likes this.
  4. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

You probably just need to go into the settings and tell it to look for songs in that folder.
  5. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. Nah, the mp3 files aren't DRM (that's why I love the Amazon mp3 store), because I could play the files with AndroZip. They just weren't populating the stock music player. I probably just needed to create a new music folder, then put the albums in it, then reboot. I thought about rebooting, but my sister kept snatching her new NS from me:) Next time I see her, I'll try these suggestions.
  6. JevyJav

JevyJav Well-Known Member

You need to make a folder that simply says "music". Basically either rename the amozon folder or create a new folder titled "music" and drop all your files in there
    Essex likes this.