Playing MP4 VideoSupport

Last Updated: 2012-01-09 10:01:57
  1. oalvarez

oalvarez Well-Known Member

I'm trying to play videos from a site, its a MP4 and when I click on it loads but then I get an a message of "Cannot play video, Sorry, this video cannot be played." The video also gives me the option to play it as a WMV, when I download the WMV version it wont play. All it does is play the audio, the actual video won't play.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to download an app, if so what app?

I'm using the default browser on the Hero.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. poppabear

poppabear New Member

Having the same issue .....plz help
  3. rowter

rowter New Member

any luck with playing videos?
  4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I use PowerAMP and it plays these file formats with ease. It does cost a few bucks, but it is a great media player and well worth the money.

You might also try downloading the video files to your handset instead of attempting to stream them from the web browser. That might be the issue too.
  5. lather

lather Member

I have just downloaded few MP4 files from pc to HTC Inspire 4G. Now few of them work fine but few of them don't. I am using HTC Player to play them.

Any idea why am I facing this issue and is there is any solutions apart from downloading another player from market?
  6. lather

lather Member

I have downloaded few players from Market i.e.Mobo Video Player (Normal and Pro both) Fede's Music Application and now when I play MP4 files in these videos, they run too slow.

So now the question is - Which is the best player (Obviously free to download :D) for Android OS?
  7. lather

lather Member

I downloaded another vidoe player called Rock Player Lite from Market but same error.
    I remember about a feature in my earlier Nokia which converts any type of video file to wma format and plays it just fine. I just wish my HTC inpire 4G had feature like this.
  8. shahdave

shahdave New Member

I'm not able to play mp4 files, there are only couple of them which I'm able to play for a initial few seconds, others I get an error sorry, cannot play this video, please help