• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Playing music by folder...please help!

ILOVEMYGALAXY

Jul 27, 2010
Hi guys,
Having searched and read about this topic, Im still having a problem and I couldnt find the answers.
This is my scenario..
I have a little over 20GB of music. I installed half on the players memory itself and the other half on an external micro sd card that has been inserted into the phone. Before transferring my music onto the phone and memory card, it was all under folders on my hard drived base MP3 player.
I really like plug-and-play type MP3 players, non-Apple, and just simply
had all my music in folders from A-Z and then the each different Band in a different sub-folder. I am not concerned with tags or album art.
Since the phone comes with 16GB, I have to divide all my music half and half.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to have all the music lumped into one like it was on my old MP3 player?

2. I cant seem to browse the music by folders. I want to have my music set up as 26 different folders from A-Z, then have the Bands seperated by folder WITHIN that folder

I tried downloading MortPlayer and Astro Player, but it doesnt seem to work right. Are there any settings on the phone to manage my music this way?

Thanks for your time!!!

I installed mortplayer, very promising so far. Defined 'music' folder with subfolder pop and classic. If I wanna play the pop folder, tap it, goes to album, than song. Problem: The player plays ALL songs in music, not just the pop folder. What am I missing?
Second problem: where is the 3 different font size hiding?
Thanks

Upvote 0
any android device phone or tablet
it uses your folders as playlists
just make sure you have numbered your track in the order you want them in
before you copy the folder to your device
it has an auto pause
font resizing,
its a lot like foobar i use it in the clubs for playing backing track
and music
oh and its free its called
MUSIC FOLDER PLAYER :D
Just what you need
Tom Francis

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones