playing music from droid in a newer GM car. how?

Last Updated:

1. jmichael99

jmichael99 Member This Topic's Starter

trying to play music via bluetooth in my new Cobalt SS. voice works fine but music just plays on the speakerphone like always. any idea? besides an FM modulator.. no tape deck either.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

What's your bluetooth profile for the receiver say? Does it support A2DP (stereo audio over bluetooth)? It might be possible that it only supports voice, and not music, as they are different protocols.

Is there an auxiliary jack? That would be the easiest way, as all you would need is a male male 3.5mm cable.

3. Grecho

Grecho Well-Known Member

Most likely the radio has to be put into aux mode and then the source changed to Bluetooth, that is how it is in the ford sync system. but i am not familiar with the gm system

4. mek_man

mek_man Member

I have an '09 Saturn Sky RL (Same engine as your cobalt and same sound system, assuming you have the Monsoon audio?). I solved this myself by adding a2dp to the head unit and allowing the stock HFP to work through the GM factory installed option. You can see how I did this here:

mek_man Blog Archive no a2dp.. no problem? (part 5)

Here are all the write-ups I did for the car and my moto droid.
    mek_man Car Mods

This should be exactly what you are looking for. :)

5. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

I think I would just stick to this as well... No issues, minus the cord showing I suppose.