playing music in the car...

Last Updated:

1. ferrarihead

ferrarihead New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Has anyone been able to connect this phone to a car either thru bluetooth or usb???

my truck "honda pilot" gives me unsupported when i switch the galaxy to usb mode ""mass storage""

thanks in advance

Ferrarihead

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

What do you mean by "this phone"? It would really help if you gave a model.

If you are getting an unsupported message, you need to contact Honda or read the stereo's manual. Some stereos only support certain files, or files in the root of the drive only.

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I have the Droid X and had the Droid prior to that. I have had no problems at all streaming either over bluetooth. I have an after market Parrot bluetooth kit installed in my car.

4. ferrarihead

ferrarihead New Member This Topic's Starter

ok, I have the Galaxy S, with rogers in Canada,
    I am able to sync with bluetooth to speak over the air, the issue is to plug in my phone to my usb port in the car and play audio files (mp3) within the car. all i get is unsupported...... i also tried sharing my songs thru bluetooth and my phone tells me that the unable to connect to the cars system.. this is weird being that im already connected to bluetooth

anyway, i really would rather connect with the usb wire, i have checked off the setting to make phone like a mass storage device and still nothing

thanks for all your help

Ferrarihead

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Can you verify that your car supports A2DP? Not all BT systems do. My Nissan Rogue's BT system, for example, can only be used for calls as it is not A2DP compliant.

As for USB support you'd also need to check on what your car does and doesn't support. Some head units that support USB mass storage require a certain file layout or have other stipulations.

Again, not all systems are identical in how they work or what they support. What do your manuals say?

6. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member

I have a Ridgeline which is similar to your Pilot. What I did was get a BT receiver which then plugs in the AUX in. Switch the stereo to AUX and the both the phone and your native Android music player will work.

I used to have something called LiquidAUX which worked fairely well but the Bluetooth was an old version so at times it had trouble connecting. Otherwise it worked great. It was always charging and started and stopped with the vehicle.

Recently I got a Schoche BTAXS which is much slicker visually, has a better mic and the Bluetooth works flawlessly BUT in the Ridgeline if you leave it plugged in to the charger, it makes a noise in the speakers. If you don't leave it charging, it dies after a couple of days becasue unlike the LiquidAUX it doesn't know your vehicle is on or off and merrily keeps you connected to your phone until you are far away (and have forgotten) at which time it goes in standby mode (disconnects bluetoooth. Then when you come back to the vehicle, you think you are connected but your not.

It's a first generation product so it has these quirks but if you are aware enough to always press the BTAXs button, going in or out the truck then it's fine. For playing music, it's great...once it is on.

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Again, this really isnt an issue with the phone. If you have the phone in disk drive mode, all the stereo sees is a flash drive. So the problem is the stereo. It may only support certain file types, or you may need to put the mp3s in a certain folder on the card. You REALLY need to read the stereo's manual, or contact honda for further assistance.