1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

playing music on android over a LAN

Last Updated:

1. ranjb

ranjb Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Just brought my HTC Desire on 02 and love the phone. My previous phone was a Nokia N95 so is a massive jump into the smartphone area.

One issue I have found is the music player. I know on Android this isn't a strong area but what I am looking for is a music player which will allow me to play files/folders over a LAN. I have a readynas NAS Box which stores all my music and I want to be able to connect to my phone and browse to this share and play music.

Apps I have tried:
    AndroMote
    ES File explorer (allows me to see files on NAS box but can only seem to select 1 file at a time)
    MortPlayer Music (brilliant app but only allows me to play music on SD card)
    Twonky Server (as the NAS support uPNP) this picks up the files but cannot find a suitable program to playback the music.
    Built in music player (sorry but not very good at all)

Is there any app (paid or free) which would allow me to do this.

Also is there a music player which as Equiliser settings to set Bass and treble or is there a separate apps for this?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks Ranj

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

On a share in wlan, a manager like ES File Explorer can't use other apps for "service" like music player. It's a an android thing.

Harry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

3. pfcwintergreen

pfcwintergreen Member

Use gmote. Works perfectly for this

4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Works with a NAS, too?

Harry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

5. banmanjo

banmanjo New Member

I am in the same boat
    N95 great - could see NAS drive over wireless network and play thru phone to music player
    if you find anything let me know please????

6. ilomambo

ilomambo Member

2 years later ...
    I don't have the perfect solution, but BSPlayer can access the LAN from within the player and it can play entire folders.
    Still, it is no media library. You have to browse yourself to the folder, no search or filters by artist, year, album, etc.
    I wish Winamp for android would have the ability to scan LAN folders and make a library out of it, just like the PC version.