Playing music on the EVO

Last Updated:

1. vacoray

vacoray Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have this unusual annoying problem playing music on my EVO. Whenever i'm playing music there is a 1/2 second to a 1 second pause at the beginning of almost every song. Doesn't matter what player i use, and i think i tried them all. It does this with headphones and without headphones so i ruled out the headphone jack. I have about 1400 songs on my SD card. I've reformatted my SD card and at one time i thought that did it but it came right back. Sometimes it will go about 6 songs without doing it then it seems like every song after that. I don't remember this happening with 2.1 just noticed it only when i went to 2.2. Also this happened before i rooted and still does it after i rooted. I can't wait till 2.3 comes out to see if that cures it. I'm at my wits end. Anybody have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. nintennuendo

nintennuendo Well-Known Member

what rom and kernel are you using? also could be the speed of the card maybe, you can try refreshing it. i don't know, thats just what I would do.

3. vacoray

Currantly Azreal 2.5 and Kings kernal but i tried other different roms and kernals as well. im going to clean up my card and reformat it again to see.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Sounds like a slow card/too much on the card to me...

5. vacoray

I think you're on to something, my sd card is made by TopRam and it is a 16gb card and a class 6. There is an app called sd card speed tester on the market, and it keeps testing it at a class 2 to class 4 card, never a class 6. Now i dont know how accurate this app is. I'm reading that a lot of no name brand cards are not really what they say they are. I saw a Kingston 16gb card that is a class 10. Does that mean it really is a class 6? Anybody ever use this app? Is is accurate? or does anybody have this Kingston 16gb class 10 card, is it any good?

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have never used it, but have seen it referenced often. and the same theory applies to anything else that uses a card. in the past I have had crappy cards in my cameras or my kids video game systems...and stuff just loaded slow pictures, music, saves, games themselves etc.. changing the card has fixed it everytime

you may start with taking the card out, backing it up, format it, put everything back on there. also make sure your file structure isn't "goofy"

sdcard/music/blah blah artist or album music file/actual mp3s etc should be fine