1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Playing music out of android device on PC

1. PKMNTrainer

PKMNTrainer New Member

Is there a method of playing music on my phone out of my desktop's external speakers via the USB connection? I looked around the interwebs but could only find articles about playing music out of car audio systems. I'd like for the music coming from my phone to mix in the background with the audio already produced from the computer. I know I could just plug the phone into the RCA jack on my speakers, but that would mean my computer doesn't get audio.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

The best thing I can think of is using your phone as a remote and controlling the music from your phone to play on your computer.

I do this with an app called Unified Remote
  3. Jstag

Jstag Member

Im a bit confused by your question but if i understand correctly you could do this. Just mount your phone as a usb drive (just connect it to pc via usb)and run whatever favorite music player you got, (vlc, Windows media player) and point it to your music folder within your phone.

That will play the music off your phone and you can go about whatever else on your pc.
  4. PKMNTrainer

PKMNTrainer New Member

What I want to do is reroute the entire media output to my computer's audio output, meaning that all media, apps, music, etc. are mixed with the audio from my computer and output through the computer's external speakers.

Jstag, while that method works for a single file, the problem is that the method does not support any media player features, such as continuous playback, shuffling, etc. since the media files are downloaded to a temporary folder.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

You might be able to do something by connecting the phone's headphone jack to the line-in of your sound card, or another sound card. And then use audio routing, patching and mixing software, like Jack.
  6. adaaaam

adaaaam Well-Known Member

After mounting your SD card, if you drag your entire music folder onto Winamp or WMP, your whole library will play continuously, and shuffle's supported. It will not reroute other media output such as apps or notifications though, but this treats your SD card as just another folder on your PC
  7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

This. Its really the simplest way of doing it.

Either that or buy a Bluetooth adapter for your PC. Pair the phone and PC together, and enable Bluetooth audio.

USB audio is fairly non-standard as of right now, so either going Bluetooth or the headphone jack are your only options.