• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Playing music over USB in car with Ford Sync system

Not sure why some of you are have so many problems with Ford Sync and Droid X. Mine works flawlessly. I'm able to voice command all music via USB, stream good quality BT and receive all my incoming text messages. This phone is really amazing with sync. Keep in mind that you can't reply to text messages, only listen to incoming. And when you get messages in that funky text language people use, Sync will crack you up trying to disipher it. lol BTW when you buy any Ford, you employ more American workers than any other car brand in the USA. Do your homework and realize that Ford quality now exceeds all the rest.

Upvote 0
I have a 2011 Ford F150 with Sync and have the same issues. I just bought a shiney HTC 1x (AT&T) switching from iPhone 4. I can't do BT audio or stream music via USB. The iPhone 4 was flawless at both. I've tried everything, but I'll see if some of the other tips here will get me somewhere. I know, I know...this is a Thunderbolt thread :)

Thanks for the posts!

Upvote 0
I have a 2011 Ford F150 with Sync and have the same issues. I just bought a shiney HTC 1x (AT&T) switching from iPhone 4. I can't do BT audio or stream music via USB. The iPhone 4 was flawless at both. I've tried everything, but I'll see if some of the other tips here will get me somewhere. I know, I know...this is a Thunderbolt thread :)

Thanks for the posts!

On most HTC devices, you have options as to how your device connects via USB. On the HTC Rezound, choose menu>settings>Connect to PC>default connection type and choose disk drive or media storage (you'll only have the option for one or the other. You may get an error prior to playing the first song about file protection, just say play all (assuming your files aren't protected).

No offense, I believe both of your issues to be user error. Make sure you make your phone discoverable. Make sure you scan for new devices AFTER making SYNC discoverable.

I am getting flawless playback of audio with all voice controls via USB, and bluetooth works perfectly.

Upvote 0
How to do it on my 2013 Ford C-Max with Ford Touch:
1. Format and plug in a USB drive.
2. Go to the music player and switch it to the USB drive.
3. Bottom right corner: Select Browse.
4. Select "Explore My Device"
5. The root level folder is displayed. You can click "Play All" or select a folder to drill deeper.
6. repeat #5 until you get to the folder you want and click "Play All". Enjoy.
It might be necessary to let it scan the device first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones